Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been more than happy w/ my pwr, but the cap that came with it has always leaked and is getting annoying. supposedly the stock cap fits, but the one i had on my csf radiator did not. i'd like to get a blitz/greddy/power enterprise cap but not sure what fits? if the stock does in fact fit, i can get the one meant for the stock radiator. i went to a local parts store and they werent too keen on me taking a couple caps out to try out. go figure.

thanks!

dave

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
How do you like it compared to the CSF rad?

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
overall its about 30F cooler. sitting in heavy traffic it usually never gets any higher than ~185F. the csf would get around 205 at times. after sitting for a bit with the car off the pwr seems to hold more heat in than the csf did. when starting back up it is in general about 15-20F warmer than w/ the csf, altho it does cool back down again pretty quick.
this is using the dual fal fans w/ an aftermarket gauge tap'd where the bsvs used to be in the t'stat housing. i have a new higher flow lower temp t'stat on the way, interested in seeing how that compares as well.

dave

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
I put a stock EVO 8 rad-cap on my old 7M supra, and I definatley noticed an improvement of temperature at idle, the needle was significantly furthur down toward the "C" end... Though many people say it can be bad for the cooling hoses, because of the higher pressure increase... But I had just replaced all my hoses and clamps before I put it on, so... No problems!! :)

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fatboy said:
I put a stock EVO 8 rad-cap on my old 7M supra, and I definatley noticed an improvement of temperature at idle, the needle was significantly furthur down toward the "C" end... Though many people say it can be bad for the cooling hoses, because of the higher pressure increase... But I had just replaced all my hoses and clamps before I put it on, so... No problems!! :)
this wasnt one of those "free" caps from the car show was it? :rolleyes:
but thanks for the reply.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
dbsupra said:
ive been more than happy w/ my pwr, but the cap that came with it has always leaked and is getting annoying. supposedly the stock cap fits, but the one i had on my csf radiator did not. i'd like to get a blitz/greddy/power enterprise cap but not sure what fits? if the stock does in fact fit, i can get the one meant for the stock radiator. i went to a local parts store and they werent too keen on me taking a couple caps out to try out. go figure.

thanks!

dave
Hmm, which CSF rad did you have? What happened to it?

I just purchased the race version today, I hope there isnt something I should know. Its going to cool better than stock @ least, right? :hs:

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah it will be. i didnt have the race version, i had the one that was a notch below. nothing happened to it, i just wanted the pwr :)

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well not much response here so i'll try on my own. i saw a few mkiv guys have used the blitz blue cap and greddy type n. i'll give it a go and post back.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i have a greddy cap, i dunno which one though-and yes i do have a pwr radiator. hmm, my greddy one is just blue and says both greddy and thrust. i will see if it has a type on it for you later tonight or tommorow.

·
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool thanks man!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts