Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
anything made by DEI is a good alarm... Viper is DEI's top of the line, followed by clifford, then i don't know what is what...

you'd have to compare the features, i'm sure it will be fine

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Depending on how much they charge to install... buy one off eBay and have them install it... generally cartoys people know what they're doing...

don't go to bestbuy... you have a small chance of hitting someone that knows owtf they're talking about...

when i was installing there they took people from the back, media, and other departments who knew NOTHING about cars and put them into install.... wtf?

·
C.T.H
573 Posts
Circuit City will soon be the major retailer to cary DEI products. But they are getting in shipments of the python products. I've always had good luck from all dei products.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Justin said:
anything made by DEI is a good alarm... Viper is DEI's top of the line, followed by clifford, then i don't know what is what...

you'd have to compare the features, i'm sure it will be fine
Viper is not DEI's top line.

Viper and Clifford share only 1 same line, the pager alarm. Which is the viper 791xv and the clifford matrix. I don't know why DEI did this but they're the same exact thing.

Clifford's Intelliguard series is by far the most advanced of all the DEI products. DEI did buy out Clifford a bit ago and they might be incorporating Clifford's technology into current Viper products. But if you compare any of the Viper alarm systems features to the Clifford Intelliguard or Avantguard, you can see Clifford is better.

One of the most important key features that Clifford offers I think is their wireless immobilizer. "Wireless Immobilizer interrupts yet another vital engine point, such as the fuel pump or fuel injection system, and does so without any wires for the thief to trace! It’s completely user-transparent, so there’s nothing special you ever need to do."

But all in all, if someone reallllly wants to steal your car, they're going to do it with or without a good alarm.

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
im an installer at circuit and the reason we are going back to dei is because the alarms that replaced our viper line was code alarm... PIECE OF SHITTTTTTT!!!!!!! we had nothing but problems with those. i think circuit was trying to save money by switching away but they lost more money going with crap i mean code.... as far as dei's best brand... there is none. they are all the same. i just swaped my old viper 690 for a new python 881xp. i had to do no additional wiring. the plugs are all the same!! dei is lifetime warrenty too so if you have problems take it back...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts