Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run this set up on a modified fender car? im concered about the height of the tire and whether it will rub on the launch

My car has extended fenders (about an inch wider) so i am not concerned about width...

i am on eibach springs (which can be removed in order for this setup to work)

please give me any experiences you guys have had, because im afraid the 28x11.5s wont cut it this year

(i know slicks would yield a better result on a smaller tire but i do not want a bias ply tire)

Thank You!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
It will more than likely rub the factory side vent panel. My 28x11.5x16 rub if you have the car jacked up high enough, but once lowered back down its fine. When i mean by high enough, it really isn't that high.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
swearitsstock said:
Has anyone run this set up on a modified fender car? im concered about the height of the tire and whether it will rub on the launch

My car has extended fenders (about an inch wider) so i am not concerned about width...

i am on eibach springs (which can be removed in order for this setup to work)

please give me any experiences you guys have had, because im afraid the 28x11.5s wont cut it this year

(i know slicks would yield a better result on a smaller tire but i do not want a bias ply tire)

Thank You!

an et street is a bias ply tire.. now if your taking about the 30" tall mt drag radials thats different, why not just run a 30x9 "radial" slick ? they make them for super stock cars...

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jaynite said:
an et street is a bias ply tire.. now if your taking about the 30" tall mt drag radials thats different, why not just run a 30x9 "radial" slick ? they make them for super stock cars...
well i was originally talking about the MT ET Street Radials... who makes the 30x9 radial slick? that would definitely fit

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
swearitsstock said:
well i was originally talking about the MT ET Street Radials... who makes the 30x9 radial slick? that would definitely fit

probably evey major drag tire company, since there used in super stock classes.. look on jegs.com they put and R next to it in the part number if its a radial design...

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaynite said:
probably evey major drag tire company, since there used in super stock classes.. look on jegs.com they put and R next to it in the part number if its a radial design...
ahhh thanks i found em...

do you have n e experience using these? do they have still sidewalls? do they require i run front runners?

thanks

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
swearitsstock said:
ahhh thanks i found em...

do you have n e experience using these? do they have still sidewalls? do they require i run front runners?

thanks
i've never used them , i might put them on my camaro when its done.. as far as front runners are concerned, I would'nt think so.. its a radial tire... and yes the side wall is stiffer then a bias ply tire..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts