Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my cruise control was not working so i i am geting rid of it, now tyhe bracket holds 3 things CRUISE unit, then another smaler unit conected to main unit via vacum hose and one more smallcylinder conected via vacum line to other one (wow). anyways all of theese sits on one bracket, and conects to vacum line going to turbo presure sensor via TT conector (4ports), is any of theese is nesecery. thnx

one more thing is i just go my car back from the shop and stock boost gauge isnt working, i checked vacum line from Turbo presure sensor to VSV and the T conector next to intake mani is not conected anywhere, no the only place it could be conected is to intake mani but the por is pluged in the line that goes on top of throtile body. is that corect or what.

aprieciate any info ziggy

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
OK. There is one vacume hose that goes into the cruise control actuator. From there, there are a couple vacume hoses that wind around to some other part of the cruise control. Another vacume line, goes to the strut tower and plugs into the "turbo pressure sensor" (stock boost gauge sender).

So if you still have the stock boost gauge, just use a vacume connector and attach the line going into the cruise control rat's nest -- and the line going from the rat's nest to the turbo pressure sensor... If you aren't using the stock boost gauge (or are NA), just cap that line. If I recall correctly, that line goes to a vacume "T" on the firewall -- so you could just remove the "T" and replace it with a normal connector

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
From www.supracentral.com/oldschool:

So you can just replace that 4-way "T" with a 2-way connector

Edit: Since both the cruise control, and your stock boost gauge aren't working -- I would suspect a broken/disconnect vacume line around the firewall "t"

Edit X2: I just re-read your really long sentence, and realized you said that "T" was not connected. That is your problem... It should go right into the manifold. There is a nipple on the firewall side that stands out.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st thanks for replies.

i used pmpaluda's picture (hope you dont mind) to show what i did.

see below.

i removed whole bracket holding cruise control stuff hope it ok. that was my 1st Q

now the one in the picture that says "this T yuo should eliminate" i thought i goes to intake mani? corect me if i am wrong. since the other end of that T goes to VSV right?

one mere thing where all the wacum starts at the side of intake mani or on the throtille body?, there is 2 vacum outputs on top of throtille boddy one goes to sensor on the thermostat housing and then to charcoil canister now second goes..................?????
i just capped it im my case.

i will take some pictures tommorow, since my car is covered outside and it is 3am

thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice thread as I'm gonna rip out my cruicecontroll aswell, keep posting, would love to have a complete guide too all of this dziuggy...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Since your using an aftermarket boost gauge... you can remove everything past that "T" (location we both have for our gauge).

Yes, that small piece by the other "T" runs to the rear manifold... just above the EGR port.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
If you want to keep your stock boost gage, simply connect one end of the "T" that goes to your vacume line, to that black sensor with the yellow label.

If you want to remove your stock boost gauge, you can just change the three-way "T" to a two-way connector.

And yes, the red circle goes to the intake manifold

T

·
0 Posts
None functioning Cruise

I also have a none functional Cruise Control.
Is there any benefit to removing it?

88' Turbo

W

·
0 Posts
The only benefit really is to clean up your engine bay.

Mine is out, but I dont like having the buttons on my steering wheel that dont do anything.

I guess its a tradeoff, I think the bay looks a lot nicer with as little clutter as possible, and as few vacuum lines as possible.

Plus, some people might like the idea of shedding 5 lbs. lol

T

·
0 Posts
Anybody have a wiring diagram for Cruise Control buttons on steering wheel ( maybe I can find good use for the buttons ie; cellphone handsfree or manual boost controller)

W

·
0 Posts
Its in the TSRM.

I read somewhere about someone wanting to use them for nitrous or something similar.

It seems the switches are either high impedance or ground switched, or something non standard that makes them not ideal to be used for anything useful.

Im sure theres a way around it.

I havent read anyone sucessfully doing it, but the idea has been tossed around. If you can get it to work, you might be the first one...

T

·
0 Posts
Thanks

I had formal training as an Electronics Tech(Radar radio that sort of thing). If I find anything useful I'll post it

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
werkkrew said:
Mine is out, but I dont like having the buttons on my steering wheel that dont do anything.
Yeah!

I mean, my car hasn't run in like... forever. My CC was removed a while ago. Got a shitty looking wheel I'd like to replace, but then there goes another cool little function - auto off for the blinkers. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts