Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking on gowing with a F.A.S.T stand alone

Has someone gone with this setup????

Did you have any problens???

thanx Aaron

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going with the FAST for my setup. I'm going with it because there is a local vendor that is knowledgeable in the system and can help with tuning and support, they are very good guys too.

Getting it working is turning into a bit of a PITA mainly because I'm going with the MSD Crank trigger. Had to spend about $400 to have someone design it and machine it to work.. I still have all the plans and drawings so you could get it machined, I'd like to get some cash for them since my initial cost was so insane though..

I can't really comment on it's function as I still don't have it hooked up or running.. I imagine it's just like most standalones with the same features.. I've played with the demo software for it, the Accell DFI and one other (don't recall) and it was the best.. The cost vs. support ratio is probably one of the best out there... Lots of support for not a whole lot of money... Just no support in the supra world.. =(...

Zaron.

·
664 rwhp / 590 rwtqe
1,868 Posts
I have the sequential system w/ the E-dis and individual cylinder fuel and spark control. While I wouldn't exactly call it cheap money wise in any means, it's a great unit.

I personally would have went w/ the AEM if it was out when I shopped around for mine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the same prblem I have with useing this system

MSD sells the kit or are you dowing the work inside the distributor
I have a guy in austin that is trying to help with this kit

but the he wants to use an n/a distributor with a coil
and get the bottom ring in the distributor machined

thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the universal kit and then took the wheel to the machine shop to get fabbed up... Then I mounted the pickup to the AC compressor bracket, still need to drill a hole for the actual pickup.. I'm using the coil/distrib setup because it's easier to sync up and I can get plenty of power out of an MSD or ACCEL ignition..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I was gowing to do but I was thinking if you can
use the packup in the N/A disteibutor so you can use the coil
but get the botton ring (the one with 24 fins) and get that manchend to where you will have 6 triggers

?????If you go with the MSD wheel will have 3 triggers???????

thanks for the help Aaron

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you can find an '82 Supra distributor, it has a 6 trigger wheel. The drive gear has the same # of teeth but is the wrong direction. From what I hear and from the looks of it, it'll fit the 7m head if you swap the drive gears with one from a 7m CPS or n/a distributor. I havent done it before but it looks like you'll have to grind/punch out the wheel. But it could end up being easier than mounting your own trigger wheel.

Shiva

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds good will look in to it

5/6/7m motors are all @ the same so why not?

thants

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
You might want to look into autronic. A SMC w/MSD Dis4 will run you 1900 for the total unit and it's windows based.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts