Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
+1 on this question, I'm also thinking antilag or 2 stap wouldn't be a good idea for this valve, any real world experience??

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I have the same question. I origionally wanted to go with a QSV for my 6265 but I didnt want to wait for the divided housing that was on backorder. Turned out I didnt need it. I am curious as to QSV and Non QSV equipped 6765 on a automatic though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
+2. Reid over at sp prob knows something about it. Seems very educated on the qsv's. I would take an educated guess and say it would prob help spool butttt I would be scared with the load and antilag on the actual butterfly. Ive seen an evo on the dyno.bend a exhaust cut out butterfly on the antilag before thats the only reason I say "fear"

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
anti lag vs qsv whats up? will it kill the valve? im sure you could use it for getting off the line with an electric solenoid to hold the actuator valve closed.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never said anything about using an anti-lag or two-step with the QSV, just the QSV. Although, if it works like people say it does, you should easily exceed your brake stall RPM and might need a two-step to limit RPM and boost on the line.

So far, it looks like the QSV is only used as a dyno tool for "under the curve" bragging rights, and some fun on the street. Someone with a QSV needs to launch a car one time and post up!

Al

·
Registered
729 Posts
anti lag vs qsv whats up? will it kill the valve? im sure you could use it for getting off the line with an electric solenoid to hold the actuator valve closed.
I don't see why you'd want to use both if you had them available. People have built more than enough boost to launch without QSV's so why risk it?

I wouldn't worry about the solenoid holding it shut because it's a butterfly style valve and the force is fairly equal across it. I'd be more worried about the material getting hot, weakening, and seeing the force of anti-lag. I didn't design the QSV though nor do I know anything beyond pictures so maybe someone else can clue us into the testing/engineering behind it and whether that should be a concern.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.