Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TrueSlideXL said:
It is when you know how to care for it and don't have two turbos strapped to it.
1. My Rotary was VERY well taken care of. Coolant seals gave at 65k. :rolleyes:

2. Without 2 turbo's its slow.

So you're basically agreeing with me (Something I've come to know) that the Rotary is reliable when tuned to 150hp or less? AWESOME!

Anyways...

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
I beat the shit out of my S5 NA and it begs for more. I neglect the shit out of it too. Rotor motors beg to be beaten on.

Looks like it would have all the same problems a rotor motor has and then some. You still need all the same seals, Apex seals, side seals ect. Just a different packageing of the same old same old. Probably less reliable because of the extra moving parts as you suggest.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
A guy that worked for me for 5 years and his dad invented that engine. They're both canadians. I kid you not.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Yep, french-Canadians close to the Montreal area IIRC. It's a brilliant engine and concept. I remembered seeing a show on TV on it, on a local network, and the guy interviewing simply could not believe it.

-Olivier

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's an interesting concept and all, but when will it be tested in the real world? The Rotary was an amazing Idea too you know, and now half of us wouldn't dare touch one...

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
It's an interesting concept and all, but when will it be tested in the real world? The Rotary was an amazing Idea too you know, and now half of us wouldn't dare touch one...
There are working models, although all of them are small twostokers IE wead eater small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts