Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Fiarlady motors in Tacoma. I can give you his email if you want.

I thought you were parting out your car?

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well there is no point fixing the HG, the engine is about to blow up. I dont really want to rebuilt it. Also i am taking auto mechanic course in kwantlen in sept so i can learn to do engine swap and stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
lol how is it going to blow up? Oh i know your lack of maintenance. No offense dude, but youre no where near ready for a 1jz swap. If i were you ide fix your motor up, it should cost you under a grand.

Im not trying to be mean, and i could be wrong, im just saying this in reference to your posts.

Ang

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
SuprAng said:
lol how is it going to blow up? Oh i know your lack of maintenance. No offense dude, but youre no where near ready for a 1jz swap. If i were you ide fix your motor up, it should cost you under a grand.

Im not trying to be mean, and i could be wrong, im just saying this in reference to your posts.

Ang
I agree 100%. What makes you think your motor is about to "blow up" ? , and even if it is, dont blame it on the motor thinking its the motor's fault. If you maintained it poorly, the 1JZ is not gonna save you - you'll end up "blowing it up" also.
Also, no auto mechanics course is gonna teach you how to do a 1JZ swap.

When you got the BHG, the first thread you created was about parting out the car. Im sorry, but with that attitude, you might as well part it out and get something that you wont need to maintain.

EDIT: According to your other posts, you're still driving the car with the BHG. This again proves what i said above)

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I might be able to do the swap for you this summer, start saving your pennies!!

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I garantee you wont get the whole clip for $1500, thers no way. maybe just a motor.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
If your going a J motor, y not just save a few and go 2J. The 1J is overrated IMO. Nice motor but 7M is just as good and better and has more torque :) Heck a 2.5 litre come in Chevy Cavaliers don't they :wtflol: :dunno: LOL

Just stick with a PROPERLY built 7M and your good to go.

Duane

My.02

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
This thread is funny, first off Hank why do you want to do a 1JZ swap? it will cost alot more than $3000CND to get it running. Second you do not have the experiance to drive a fast car you are going to end up dead if you do make your car fast. I'm not trying to be an ass but I have seen you drive and you need to drive for a few more years before you get more power out of your car 7M or 1JZ.

I also think that it is funny how the big power 7M guys have come in here and are bashing a motor that is 2.5L and makes no torque. Its intresting that a guy that has what 30K? into his motor and makes big power is always knocking on a motor that in his owen words is a torqueless Cavaler size motor. ( I edited out the rest of my comments about this )

As an FYI I had the fastest street legal (at mission)car on the dyno last night and it made 600Ft/lbs less torque than WHP, so its not all about torque guys. :sadwavey:

Jeremy

My .02 cents

1 - 20 of 54 Posts