Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For you guys that have 6.5" speakers installed in the doors, does your new speaker completely cover the hole after removing the stock speaker grill?

I haven't put them in yet but it seems that a few gaps are visible when holding the new speaker up to the outside of the door panel.

thanks,

Scott

·
651 Posts
Well, if it would work or not will really depend on the type of speaker you are using.... maybe with a little bit more information I may be able to tell you for sure.

If it is not possible for your new speaker grill to cover the stock grill hole then you may want to consider loading the speaker behind the factory grill.

You will want to dremel out the plastic on the back side of the grill. That stock huge grill only has a real opening of about 4" on it.

This is a shot of a Focal grill on a Supra door. It is a 6.5" speaker also. As you can see, there is no gaps and it is centered on the door panel.

Thomas Kenyon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Thomas.

After a bit playing around, i found that the speaker fits neatly inside the external plastic ring of the factory speaker grill. No holes to be seen!!

I'll post a picture when my digital camera gets back from the repair shop.

Thank again,

Scott

·
651 Posts
Hakaida....No, I am unable to sell you a box for you Supra.

Please see my thread on the main car stereo page for further explanation.

Thomas Kenyon

·
651 Posts
The picture is of a Focal 165K2

You better email me that picture of the Eclipse DVC down in the stock location Brian!

Thomas Kenyon

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
The picture is of a Focal 165K2

You better email me that picture of the Eclipse DVC down in the stock location Brian!

Thomas Kenyon
Thomas,

This will be the first place I'll post once It's completed. I'm still deciding/buying the rest of the system first before I start any major removal of my current equipment.

BTW, do you carry Eclipse equipment? I need a cd cartridge for the 8-disc cd changer-5083.

Brian

·
651 Posts
I am no longer in the car audio buisness. You will have to go to a dealer in order to get that cartridge. No authorized dealer will sell to you via mail or internet even if I did have one.

Find a dealer locally and order it. I believe it is around $25-$30.

Thomas Kenyon

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
I am no longer in the car audio buisness. You will have to go to a dealer in order to get that cartridge. No authorized dealer will sell to you via mail or internet even if I did have one.

Find a dealer locally and order it. I believe it is around $25-$30.

Thomas Kenyon
Thomas,

Gotcha. Wow, they're that cheap? I might as well order two. Thanks again!

Brian, flippin' through the yellow pages as of this post...

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Thomas, you've sold me on the focals. Now the big question.... Which models should I purchase for the front and rear and how much power do they need to sound awesome?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts