Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so the happy number to achieve is 11.5-11.8 for a conservative street tune........so, with that said should the numbers be around there at WOT in any gear at any RPM??? for instance i was in 4th gear @ 2000 RPM. Put the pedal to the metal and watched my A/F #s. From 2000-3000 RPM my numbers were mid to high 12s. I know that is dangerous, but i'm still low in the RPM band so i'm wondering if it's normal or i'm just lean. I have tuning computer except for my MAF-T which isn't hooked up because of technical difficulties so i'm running stock everything except exhaust, DP, FMIC, and pipes.

Derek

·
Engine Geek
359 Posts
leaner air/fule ratios are used to help spoolup turbos and make more torque off boost, but will detonate at high boost. you should be fine like that, but as always watch out for detonation.

·
"DANNY TANNER!!!"
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, so at what RPMs should i be worried at??? this is where it confuses me becasue in 2nd gear i can tromp the gas and my numbers will look good. In a higher gear at a low RPM like i said my numbers show lean.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Tuning should all be done at WOT in 4th gear. The other gears 1,2 and 3 have less load being put on the motor and will be fine A/F wise as long as you have 4th gear taken care of. Most of the tuning you should be doing is after the 12V dump of the fuel pump usually anywhere from 4k to 4500. That's usually where the most tuning needs to be done.

But if you look at it like this it might be easier. Why in the world would you be WOT in 4th gear at only 2k rpm? How often does that really happen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts