Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Allen,

I just finished installing a TRD steering wheel and did not want to splice in to the stock steering wheel's harness for the horn (if avoidable). It appears to be part of the cruise control switch. I'm aware the 1998 cruise control is discontinued - but what about the 1993.5-1997? Or alternatively, is the harness and horn wire something you can source outright?

So, going from:

To:

Secondly, Genuine Toyota Supra MK4 Battery Tray/Hold Down Bolt - Toyota (74407-14020)

Q1- Does the hold-down come with the nut for the top? Or must I source that elsewhere?
Q2- What is "reference #6" in the photo?

Regards,
Brian

·
Registered
750 Posts
From my understanding, the TRD wheel does not come with the cruise control stalk/option. I remember seeing a member do a custom install for his TRD wheel and had to cut into his brand new steering wheel to mount the cruise control stalk ect. Maybe there is a solution for this now but not that I have seen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not actually looking to install a cruise control stalk. I am just looking for the harness that will allow me to connect my horn. The TRD steering wheel has a horn wire to splice into and you connected to the harness. I do not want to remove or cut the harness from my stock steering wheel. I would presume if I buy a 93 to 97 cruise control stalk, it will have the horn wire for me to cut into as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two more small parts:

I am looking for the rubber caps that cover the brake bleeders.
And the proper screw that replaces this out of place bolt:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to bother you on such a small part but the second line item is not returning any results: 31478-14010

Thoughts?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,232 Posts
I am looking for the rubber caps that cover the brake bleeders.
the second line item is not returning any results: 31478-14010
That part #, 31478-14010, is correct for the rubber cap. Where are you not seeing "any results"?

And the proper screw that replaces this out of place bolt:
That bolt has a much wider shaft than the little 90164-40085 screw that belongs there. You're going to need a new plastic grommet/nut to screw it into also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I may be asking for the wrong part. I need the horn harness - the wire and white piece shown in this picture. To orient yourself, that is the picture from within the stock steering wheel.

Also, I'd like to replace the 10 spark plug cover bolts. Can't seem to find the part number on my own.

·
Anime Dork
5,254 Posts
there should be a 5 digit number on that connector from there i can get you the part number for that connector and the wires that correspond to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts