Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you get it tuned, it is RPM dependent, right? So, say it is tuned at 18 psi. Can the system compensate when you run 15psi, or 20 psi. Can you switch between presets? Or would boost level not mess with how it was tuned?

·
3,148 Posts
It will be ok when you switch between boost levels. Remeber it adds a % to the stock fuel maps determined off the MAF. When you turn the boost down the MAF will see less airflow and reduce the fuel. The S-AFC will then add your adjustment to the lower base number.

Hope this helps, Steve

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
which one is easier to install, safc or safr? which one is better to use for an n/a supra? also, does anyone know what i will be doing when i am installing this? will i be cutting wires? which wires? etc? i'm thinking of ordering one of these at the same time as the exhaust, installing them both myself to save money, and then get the safc/safr dynotuned. what do you think? how much should i be looking at to get this dynotuned (am i spelling that right?)... and how long will it take to dynotune? thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
His original question (if I am reading it correctly) is can he tune the AFC per what boost he is running.

Since you're actually not measuring boost at the MAF, then I would think the answer is no. You'll obviously be able to tune the AFC by hand, but you won't be able to say X fuel map per X boost.

At least I wouldn't think so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts