Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update, this is a friend's car

battery has power
turn key to start/ingnition and it cranks,
just never turns over, I know it's getting fuel

I might pull the spage plug wire and see if there's any spark,

will it be ok to pull the wire, attach a old spark plug and watch to see if there are any sparks?

if anything sounds like my old problem when I had the ignitor go bad, hmmmmm I forgot all the sympotoms I had with that.... :rolleyes:

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
yes, u can pull a plug wire and attach a spark plug to check if it is firing.

a bad starter will not cause a cel light to come on.

if its getting fuel, then u most likely have a no fire problem, could be the igniter. i've had two ecu's go out on me, that have caused no fire problem for me.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crap, I can't find my old post where i had a problem with my ignitor,
I listed where I got it form, it was a junkyard, I know I paid less then $25 shipped via priority
just need to find that post with the phone number

I hope it's not the ecu, those still cost Like $200 :(
and I though toyota/Lexus had good quality on electronics :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
You say you know it gets fuel, how do you know that ?
Do you hear your fuel pump working in the back when you try to start the car ?

I have the same problem the, here is a video when i try to start the car.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=MVI_3282.flv

The thing is that i cant here my pump in the back when my firend trys to start the car.
And if it is the pump, then i dont know what to do, maybe buying a new pump wont fix the problem.

Ill make my own thread in a while about my issue, sorry for the hijack.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
What led to this failure?

If you turn the key to accy, does the CEL light come on? If not, no ground or power to ECU. If so, check the spark output...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a working ignitor that i'll sell you cheap if you want it...it was purchased when i had my problem a few months back....ended up being the ecu...i picked this ignitor up from kbprice for i wanna say 75 plus shipping...let me know...i can work with the price for ya

Jim

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mattias85 said:
You say you know it gets fuel, how do you know that ?
Do you hear your fuel pump working in the back when you try to start the car ?

I have the same problem the, here is a video when i try to start the car.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=MVI_3282.flv

The thing is that i cant here my pump in the back when my firend trys to start the car.
And if it is the pump, then i dont know what to do, maybe buying a new pump wont fix the problem.

Ill make my own thread in a while about my issue, sorry for the hijack.
Yeap I hear the pump, and smell the gas when we try to start it and pump it

yeah I'm thinking ignitor or ecu now
I'll pull the code later int he week

·
Registered
330 Posts
my ecu issue was very intermittant...it would work one day and not work the next...start right up after dying one time and not start for a week another time...real wierd...i'd be happy to send you my messed up ecu also if you'd want to swap yours out just to see if it would make a difference...because it did work some of the time it would probably give you an indication of whether or not yours is completely fried...lmk

Jim

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anthracite93 said:
my ecu issue was very intermittant...it would work one day and not work the next...start right up after dying one time and not start for a week another time...real wierd...i'd be happy to send you my messed up ecu also if you'd want to swap yours out just to see if it would make a difference...because it did work some of the time it would probably give you an indication of whether or not yours is completely fried...lmk

Jim
Thanks
already have a ignitor ordered last night
should be here wed, I'll give that a try,
if that doesn't work, I'll try the ecu then

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bringing this back up to see if the igniter fixed the car. I think I am having igniter issues, the blu/grn wire has a constant 12v on it and doesn't turn on and off. Do you guys know a way to check the igniter with a voltmeter?

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bills95TSC300 said:
Bringing this back up to see if the igniter fixed the car. I think I am having igniter issues, the blu/grn wire has a constant 12v on it and doesn't turn on and off. Do you guys know a way to check the igniter with a voltmeter?
sorry haven't been on in a while
my car is up an running
there'a 2 big thread i have out there detailing my ordeal...
and has info about the wires comign out of the iginitor and what each one does

just curious why do you suspect it is the ignitor??

as for the wire... I don't remember which one but one of them does have constant 12v

and No, there is no way to check the ignitor :(
even the factory manual suggest checking everything else and if everything esle is working to replace the igintor

as for getting another one try ebay or carparts.com which will connect you to salvage yards that list their inventories, you should be able to get one shipped for about $45-50

the dealer wants like $450 new! :madjerk:

another consideration is what caused the ignitor to go bad,
I went through 5 before fixing the problem
in the end one of the O2 wires from the mid pipe was touching the chassis
it was put in by a retard named "xutech"

the ignitor is very sensitive to shorts....

good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think I might have hooked the Twin power up backwards or something to backfeed voltage to the wrong wire. My car has AEM with a UEGO so there are no O2's. I do have one on order though so who knows, if it cooks another I will be doing coil packs.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts