Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator, ModernMusclecar.net
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Camaro Audio questions on a Supra board :D

Ok after seeing pictures of the Eclipse 7301 would that work in my Camaro I am guessing not, but is there something similar that would?

Oh yeah my car is a 2001 Camaro SS SLP

Ryan

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by ryanhulce:
<STRONG>I know Camaro Audio questions on a Supra board :D

Ok after seeing pictures of the Eclipse 7301 would that work in my Camaro I am guessing not, but is there something similar that would?

Oh yeah my car is a 2001 Camaro SS SLP

Ryan</STRONG>
whats up ryan,
i've never been in the newer model camaros but do you have one of those GM-shaped headunits? if it does, maybe they sell a custom mount bracket so you can fit a single or double din.

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crutchfield said this should work.

Here is a picture of the inside of my car.

Ryan

Originally posted by ToySuPRa1:
<STRONG>whats up ryan,
i've never been in the newer model camaros but do you have one of those GM-shaped headunits? if it does, maybe they sell a custom mount bracket so you can fit a single or double din.</STRONG>

·
road hazard
452 Posts
ryan, you will be able to get a single din bracket for that GM shape. my friend has done it in his chevy astrovan. :)

you can install the kenwood flipscreen you previously posted. its good that you have your climate controls underneath the stereo area so the screen won't block it. but i'm wondering if the screen will obstruct the air vents.

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i guy at works has an alpine dvd player in his bug and was showing me that and it will get in the way of the air ducts but trust me the Camaro Air Cond. Works REALLY WELL!!!

Ryan

Originally posted by ToySuPRa1:
<STRONG>ryan, you will be able to get a single din bracket for that GM shape. my friend has done it in his chevy astrovan. :)

you can install the kenwood flipscreen you previously posted. its good that you have your climate controls underneath the stereo area so the screen won't block it. but i'm wondering if the screen will obstruct the air vents.</STRONG>

·
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
something else i didn't know is that he had a switch installed because you can't watch DVD on the tuner while driving unless some sequence of hiting the brake engaging the parking brake, yadda yadda yadda. Now he just starts the car hits the switch and he's watching a movie, I guess it is suppose to be a safety thing!

Ryan

·
road hazard
452 Posts
yea...i think alpine has the same safety feature. also, i believe its against the law to have a video playing for the driver(?). anyways, my eclipse 7301 doesn't have that feature. it just shows a "warning: driving while video is playing is dangerous" or something like that when you first turn on the unit.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Yes, there is a parking brake detection on the Alpine units. I have seen kits/directions sold on the net as to how to defeat it.

I do it on my Eclipse, the single pink wire that plugs into the brain box just needs to be hookded up to a constant ground. Voila, car video anytime, anywhere.

Your vents won't be blocked by that Kenwood screen by much, if at all.

E

·
0 Posts
Yes you can put the touch screen in the camaro, no problem. It will fit like a glove, with an adapter bracket; you can get the somewhat cheap plastic ones, or fibreglass one of your choice. Since the gm's a din & 1/2 I would fabricate an FG one so that you can use a double din. This is done in two ways the first does not more the climate controls. The 2nd makes the bracket for the climate controls smaller, lowers the factory separating piece and presto; you now have a double din.

Most video system have the e-brake safety feature b/c of law suits, retards drive and watch movies at the same time, don’t pay attention to the road and well you can guess the rest. These are easily bypassed, with no special black boxes or what-not, just a simple constant ground, with a switch will do the trick, less then five bucks and a little bit of effort on your part.

As for the finger prints, some of my customers use a little thin plastic film that goes over the screen like the ones on a palm pilot, just peel off an replace, after it becomes dirty or scratched.
There are many video systems that would work in your camaro, just pick a brand that you like; the rest is up to the installer.
Happy tune’n
Jakub

Z

·
0 Posts
It'll work in the camaro, I had a big system in my old camaro with a single DIN headunit. You're just gonna need a mounting kit and trim panel that you can either get through crutchfield or a local audio place. BTW i own the 9007 model, and there is a lot more to the unit than just mounting it into the dash. You have to find a place for the TV tuner, as well as a place for the A/V hookups for a VCR. You alsp have to mount both antennas for the TV reception. Lotta work, but absoluetly worth the $$, awesome unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts