Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing is I was going to change the clutch in my supra, I have a clutch kit from Centerforce and it has a modified orginal pressure plate but I noticed that the orginal pressure plate has a pin right next to the straps but not the Centerforce, I´m posting a picture of it, I just wanted to make sure if it´s ok or they just forgot to put the pins back in ;)

I have been surfing the net to try to find pictures of the Centerforce pressure plate but haven´t found one so if some of you are familiar with it then it would be great.

I also noticed thet RPS uses the orginal plate and they keep the pins in...

· Where to now?
919 Posts
since it seems to be a stock-ish replacement pressure plate i would assume you would want those pins in there. i checked pictures of my RPS and it looks different. but it is the 3200lb version.

i would try and call someone and see what the deal is. i wouldnt feel right putting something like that in unless i knew for sure.

· ex BPU'er
5,973 Posts
since it seems to be a stock-ish replacement pressure plate i would assume you would want those pins in there. i checked pictures of my RPS and it looks different. but it is the 3200lb version.

i would try and call someone and see what the deal is. i wouldnt feel right putting something like that in unless i knew for sure.
I agree :D

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I´m not going to put it in before I now for sure this suppose to be like this...

I have e-mailed centerforce regarding this and hope they will reply soon.

Thanks guys and if someone knows more about it that would be great!

Right now my car is on the lift in my workshop with no transmission and I´m going crazy not going to be able to burn some rubber while waiting :D

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got answear from Centerforce and they tell me it´s suppose to be like that, so I´m going to try this clutch and hope for the best :D

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol hope it worsk out. save the email so if/when your pp blows up you can say "told ya so" and they can pay for the damages...
Thanks, I will be doing that ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.