Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
1SickSupra said:
What i want to do is install a 2003 bmw m3's navigation system into my supra. Can it be done?
.... Why? :stickpoke

·
Search
3,305 Posts
yes, chances are it can be done... I don't know the specs of the unit so don't quote me, but probally....

I'm goig to have to go with eggy.... why!? Unless you can get it for a damned good price there's probally alot better systems avaliable

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Take it from me, my Dad owns a 2003 330ci with navi, and I'm pretty sure it's the same as the M3's navi... it's definitely not the best. Why go through all the trouble for a mediocre navigation system?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well, whats the best navigation system then? I heard eclipse came out with a touch screen.

i want in dash navigation, so it looks flush with the car.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
eclipse makes a dual din, touch screen, bad-fucking-ass navi/dvd/amfm/xm/everything you could ever want monitor.... look it up on their site. its like 2 grand i think

573 Posts
^ I agree, and its the same navi software that comes in the factory toyota/lexus units. Very easy to use, in fact, it has a toyota harness right on the back of it. This means that you can plug the factory supra harness right into it, which makes your install a little simpler.

All you would have to after that to have a fully functional unit is to run the GPS antenna, a wire for reverse, a wire for e-brake, and a wire to the speed sensor.

This is by far the easiest way to get OEM quality navi, OEM look, and easy install. Believe me when I say it looks mighty badass in a supra.

Justin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts