Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys if i put a new cylinder head in my supra, that has been machined, but i think the cam shafts are bigger or something like that, i belive it makes the car faster would it have any side affects to my car knowing that everything else is stock, would anything go bad.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Without any supporting mods, you will notice nothing. What kind of machining did it have?

:ak47: :fruit:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have no idea, i am not looking for more speed, i am just looking if it will affect my car in any way, like leak oil or something from the pressure of the cam shaft i dont know this is what the mechanic said.

·
the clever guy
782 Posts
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here: New head has NA cams, which are longer duration and more lift(?) and the mechanic thinks you have hydrolic lifters which may be(?) sensitive to more agressive cams....this is just being pulled straight from my ass so feel free to jump in and correct me.

I have a gut feeling you will be fine....depending on the mechanic. Can you give some specifics on your car? Turbo, non-turbo, what kind of work you are getting done?

3,796 Posts
Could you be any more vague?

j/k...give us some more info and we'll go from there ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a 88 supra turbo targa with about 200kms, and i got my hg kit changed with a new stock one,but i was also leakign oil, my cylinder head was cracked aand i tried to get it machined but their ended up still being cracks in it. i found a guy who is celling his cylinder head, cams, shims but he has bigger cams, and my mechanic sais that it wil have future effects on the bottom of the engine if the top is new and the bottom is old.

so now io dont know what to do, i can take that risk by putting the guys set on my car, or my mechanic can weld my cylinder cracks and re-machine it by he sells it will only last a year what do u guys suggest i do.
thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
if you seek " cylinder head supra" in internet you will found some sites with remanufactured heads at good price!!!

And if you seek in the TSMR online you can see thediferences between Na-turbo cams....
and Supra don´t have hidraulic lifters in the head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts