Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I was told that the downpipe got rid of the o2 sensor but now I'm reading that there is a place to install the o2 sensor in it. Are most people running the o2 sensor still with the downpipe? I am thinking about getting the RMM downpipe. This does do away with the cat right?

Also, do I just need a downpipe and exhaust or do I need the midpipe that I have been seeing made by hks to put the 2 together? If not, what the hell is the midpipe for? I am thinking about getting the Greddy Power Extreme Exhaust that one of my friends in this forum recommended.

One more thing, do the above kits include all gaskets necessary to put the pieces together without exhaust leaks? I saw where random technology was selling some gaskets seperatly.

SwamiBob

B

·
0 Posts
The RMM downpipe only comes with the front gasket that looks like a 5 year old cut out with a pair of scissors. I wasn't too happy with this and went ahead and picked up the random technology gasket kit from MVP. A hell of a lot better than the one that came with the downpipe.

eddie

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Swami,

swamibob said:
First off, I was told that the downpipe got rid of the o2 sensor but now I'm reading that there is a place to install the o2 sensor in it. Are most people running the o2 sensor still with the dump pipe?

Yes

I am thinking about getting the RMM downpipe. This does do away with the cat right?

Correct

Also, do I just need a downpipe and exhaust or do I need the midpipe that I have been seeing made by hks to put the 2 together?

No

If not, what the hell is the midpipe for?

I am not sure.

I am thinking about getting the Greddy Power Extreme Exhaust that one of my friends in this forum recommended.

Sounds fine.

One more thing, do the above kits include all gaskets necessary to put the pieces together without exhaust leaks?

Typically they come with a gasket for the connection between the Downpipe and the exhaust which is sufficient. If you want to be on the safe side order the Random technology gasket kit from MVP Motorsports.

I saw where random technology was selling some gaskets seperatly.

SwamiBob
Good Luck,

Adam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts