Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the fuel cut defencer have differnt adjustment level? like do they give me an option to just raise my fuel cut a little? or does it completly eliminate fuel cut, because i dont want my boost to spike and detonate. also which fiel cut defencer is the best thanks!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
The HKS fcd has two versions, one with an adjustable dial and one without. I have the one with the dial. At it's weakest setting, it raised my fuel cut 1-2psi. I haven't tried it on the strongest setting, but on the setting I'm currently on I haven't hit FC once

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yo is it safe to raise it 1-2 psi with my settings, 60 trim, stock injectors, spearco IC, greddy profec B, walbro pump, egt gauge, s-afc 2, K&N FIPK

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
im with Stupid aka Jeff! :p but be careful Hung! the FCD can be ur worst enemy! thats why i pulle mine out!

EDIT: i have similar setup to u suprasucka! but dont tune ur car by FC! do it right people and spend a few bux to dial in correctly on a dyno! :rolleyes: thats where im headed next week... FINALLY!!! dropped $1k in my engine last week so its 100% ready now! :cool:

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
suprasucka said:
does the fuel cut defencer have differnt adjustment level? like do they give me an option to just raise my fuel cut a little? or does it completly eliminate fuel cut, because i dont want my boost to spike and detonate. also which fiel cut defencer is the best thanks!
The entire concept of a FCD is bad. Don't use one. There are much better alternatives. (Lex type AFM Mod the simplest) How do you find out more ? ... let me introduce you to my little friend --->>>>>>>>>

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thoguht the lex afm lets you pull in more air as well as raises fuel cut, fcd just lets u raise the fuel cut by how much i want.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
suprasucka said:
i thoguht the lex afm lets you pull in more air as well as raises fuel cut, fcd just lets u raise the fuel cut by how much i want.
actaully it locks the signal in place. Meaning that even if you cram more air into the motor. More fuel is NOT going to be added unless you have the Greddy E-Manage or some other type of fuel computer to augment the stock fuel curve. Otherwise.... BOOM!!!! buhbye #6 piston.

FCD = :evil:

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
FCD was meant to work with AIC. Add to alphabet soup and shake vigorously, let simmer at 20 psi and your motor should be thoroughly cooked in no time,

T

·
0 Posts
Well, I have a Hks FCD on my mk3. it is said to be set at 5. and it has a scale of 12-1 i think it's 12 being the highest and 1 the lowest or more "Cut". (correct me if i am wrong). Now after i installed the FCD. i ran the car, then a couple days /week later my turbo blow the exhaust seal and now at high revs it spits oil. i don't know if the FCD was at fault or it was turbine malfunction. it is old and the previous owner was not a good keeper. So i haven't had a chance to really test it. Tho... when i did i had no limit. I shit gears at 5600 rpm and the cut starts at 6000~6350rpm. this was before i learned about the 1994 Lexus AFm working for the 7M.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
meh it clamps the signal just before fco so youre get max fueling anyways... no biggie, on a side note, its fuckin rediculous if you have a boost leak... dont as me how i know (poor turbo)

Ang

1 - 10 of 10 Posts