Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have installed my gforce, I can't speed shift into second at higher then the stock redline rpms. Most of the time it doesn't even grind, it just won't go into gear. I'm not power shifting, just shifting fast, like you would in any car if you were trying to extract maximum performance out of it.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any tricks or fluid that makes the v160 go into gear at higher then stock rpms, or should I be concerned about the trans condition?

·
Boost Junkie
12,688 Posts
Check your linkage around the shifter as others have suggested. Also, if your pressure plate is getting worn, it would show its age more at high rpms than at lower rpms. How many miles and what type of abuse on your clutch?

Steve K.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car came with the clutch it has, and I haven't pulled the trans to see if it is aftermarket or stock, and also have no idea what the mileage is on it.

I'll check wear and tear this or next weekend, I should have extra replacement bushings lying around somewhere that I can put in it as well. I know the trans has been out of the car though, because the previous owner (a complete tool) did not put the reverse guide lock out back in it.

Evill Supra said:
Check your linkage around the shifter as others have suggested. Also, if your pressure plate is getting worn, it would show its age more at high rpms than at lower rpms. How many miles and what type of abuse on your clutch?

Steve K.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just pulled the shifter fork out to put in the AP bushing. One of the stock rubber bushings on the fork was completely broken at 70K miles. I've also figured out the reverse plate is critical for shifting into 5th. I'd start with checking the bushings and putting that plate back in, although the plate shouldn't be causing problems with 2nd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts