Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to sound like a newb but I need someone to explain the difference between HID Kits from places like HID Express or Lavalighting and plug in bulbs like the Sylvania Silverstars. I have been checking out all the websites and I see the HID kits sell for around 5-6 hundred and you can buy bulbs for under 50 bucks. What is the deal? I have purchased the glass headlights for my 95 and I want to upgrade the lights. Someone please help. By the way so I don't get flamed, I tried to search already.
Thanks
Juston

·
Registered
500 Posts
If I were to buy an HID kit, I'd trust the germans and japanese. Go with phillips/hella HID kits. If you're going to get anything beyond 5k, forget it. Get some silverstars though if you cannot afford a xenon kit.

·
11,219 Posts
Silverstars are still just regular bulbs. They are a lil brighter than stock, but nowhere compared to HIDs. HIDs light up the road pretty good and are very bright, thus you are paying for more it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you can get a used factory bmw,audi etc.. ballast and bulbs for cheap....it works good, many people say our projectors suck for hid but I honestly think it look NICE....no hot spot but does have a little glare....

·
Registered
659 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Philips Kits are the best and I can get them.....4100, 5000, or 6000K.....plug and play...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts