Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
not as much as you would see with a FULL 3" exhaust :)
but ive never had just a catback. i got the downpipe first and went from there.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I put down 243whp with intake, 3 inch from the turbo back (ss elbow, dp, tp, blitz catback), and no boost controller, on stock turbo.

·
function > form
512 Posts
I just put on a cat-back at first because I couldn't break the dp bolts loose. It freed up a lot of low end power, but the real power gains came from the elbow, dp and tp. A cat-back won't allow more boost, but a good elbow or dp can give you 2lbs more boost without any other mods

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
a downpipe was by far one of the BEST mods i ever done

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
What about gutted stock dp, I know there is a lot of restrictions in the stock elbow, but should I see any difference by gutting the first cat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Carl said:
What about gutted stock dp, I know there is a lot of restrictions in the stock elbow, but should I see any difference by gutting the first cat.
Are you joking!?? Ebay special DP is better than gutting your stock cat. Pony up a little bit, don't ghetto rig your car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the best idea is to just go with 3 inch from the turbo all the way. and what about getting a boost controller and kicking it up a bit? when I got my car running again I for got to hook up the waistgate vac line and so when I goosed it I jsut kept on boosting and my boost needle just pegged out and kept going. and it ran great, lol, lots of power! :ugh2: but then I realized what I did and I dont want to break anything so I hooked it back up. But it made me think that if I got a boost controller that I could boost alot more on everything being stock and it would be ok as long as I didnt beat the hell out of it all the time. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
Are you joking!?? Ebay special DP is better than gutting your stock cat. Pony up a little bit, don't ghetto rig your car

I didnt gut it, but the guy who I bought the car from did, I didnt know how much of a difference there is and how much Im missing out on:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts