Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I hope I post this on the right forums and second, I don't own a supra but I hope you guys here can help me out a little.

I am wondering if anyone here has install line lock (roll control) on the 300Z(or any ABS car). I have 2 Hurst roll control kits left over from a project and I want to install it (or them) in my Z.

I have two ways to install it

1) using 1 line-lock only, install before the ABS (on the front brake line to the ABS from the master cylinder)
2) using 2 line-locks, install on the lines to the front brakes after the ABS. (one on left and one on right)

I have seen some other car has install it using method (1) on the late model mustang (with ABS) which has no problem. I have also looked and the Nissan ABS diagram and the front and rear brake are totally independent of each other which means method (1) should be ok.

However, Hurst doesn't recommand the kit to be intalled in a ABS car. If I use method (2) then I can put the ABS out of the equation. But I don't prefer to install 2 line locks simply because I am sick of installing 2x the same part on the Z from intakes all the way to the mufflers LOL!
So any input which method I should use? THX!

·
Banned
909 Posts
I don't know what the brake setup is like on the z32, but on the z31 there is two lines coming off the master for the front brakes. When i did my z31 i set it up to isolate the rear brakes so that I'd still have to hold the brake pedal, but it wouldn't engage the rear brakes with the line lock on. You definantly want to disable the abs computer when you use the line-loc, otherwise it might freakout. On some cars it seems to work and on others it doesn't... seems to depend on the car. I'd stay on the safe side and have a abs disable on a toggle switch or something.

-Shane

1 - 2 of 2 Posts