Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88' supra and just about all the body molding needs to be replaced because the metal that lines the back of the plastic starts to rust and bubbles and warps the molding. So my question is if toyota changed the molding in any of the years for the mk3 elimanating the rusting problem on the moldings? So before i start buying new molding i would like to know if maybe a newer year elimanated the rusting problem

thanks
Mike

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
yeah, get moulding from a 92 supra. its all plastic

T

·
0 Posts
Johnny Dangerously said:
yeah, get moulding from a 92 supra. its all plastic
or anything after '89 for that matter if i am correct (my '91 has all plastic)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got a quote from Toyoyta for all my 86.5 mouldings, it was in excess of $1000 AUD. Thats ridiculous for plastic.
what price did you get quoted?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't got any quote from toyota, i dont plan to buy new. I plan on getting used molding and then having them painted the color of my car (I just had the car shot with a custom house of kolors paint job) I purchased the door moldings from toyota a few years ago and those were like $150 each!, now i need all the front fender moldings and the 2 short pieces in front of the wheel wells, So if anyone knows where i can get some in good shape please let me know !!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Toyota went plastic in 89 and up and also went with solid colors as opposed to the pin Stripes look on the 86.5-88. Call Jeff [email protected] Marks Toyota 1-800-327-2087. I've been replacing my moulding on my 88 piece by piece. Although still big bucks it should be about $600 instead of a $1000 for the complete set.

-Jesse James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts