Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 SE V6 5 speed. the clutch is not disengaging all the way. when things warm up and at a stop, it's hard to put the truck into gear. it's like the clutch isn't pushed in all the way.

the clutch was replaced about 10k miles ago with all oem stuff(p-plate,throw out,clutch disk).

I flushed and bleed the system. yesterday I put on a new slave cylinder and master cylinder, but it still does it. I even maxed out the adjustment on the slave but it still acts like the clutch is just not pushed in quite enough. what else could it be?

thanks

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it make a ticking noise at idle in neutral wihtout the clutch pressed in? If so, I'd check the TOB.
no ticking or noise all. the tob was replaced. the clutch is smooth, quiet and works perfect if you're rolling.

it just won't fully disengage once everything is hot. it will go into gear if you force it and it just barely wants to creep forward when stopped in 1st with clutch in.

·
il faut voir pour savoir
956 Posts
Well I'm running down the list of possibilities in my head, and you seem to have already ruled them all out:

-Dirty/air in fluid
-bad slave cylinder
-bad TOB
-not adjusted correctly

How is your flywheel? If it's machined too many times, sometimes it gets too low and the clutch will never be able to fully disengage from it because of the geometry of the clutch fork.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I have a 1988 SE V6 5 speed. the clutch is not disengaging all the way. when things warm up and at a stop, it's hard to put the truck into gear. it's like the clutch isn't pushed in all the way.

the clutch was replaced about 10k miles ago with all oem stuff(p-plate,throw out,clutch disk).

I flushed and bleed the system. yesterday I put on a new slave cylinder and master cylinder, but it still does it. I even maxed out the adjustment on the slave but it still acts like the clutch is just not pushed in quite enough. what else could it be?

thanks
It sounds like something is wrong with the slave and it not able to push the clutch fork far enough to, engage or disengage.

I think you were right on where you were looking at the slave and master cylinder. Are you sure you got the right slave, because sometime people at auto zone screw stuff up.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the slave looks the same as the old one. could the clutch fork be bent/fatigued over time?

lawdogg-as far as I know the flywheel was only resurfaced once when I had the new oem clutch put in at about 135k miles. now it has 145k miles.

·
ass, gas or grass
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doesn't the trans have to come out to replace the fork?

·
Registered
976 Posts
watch for the clutch slave cylinder movement when somebody steps on the clutch and holds it down. if the slave moves an inch, and then sinks, you likely need a clutch MC... if it doesn't move at all replace the clutch MC first. if there are any obvious leaks from either, replace the leaky unit first.

if it's none of those, bent fork?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts