Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a NOS SYSTEM for my 98 supra na. I figure that is the safest way to get some power that i might use maybe once a month. So i was wondering how much hp can i get from the NOS without hurting my engine?

S

·
0 Posts
well the nos will run ur engine down no matter how much u shoot into it... kinda like taking steroids... but its whatever u wanna do

Rob~

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
As long as you jet the nitrous correctly, it won't damage your engine. Anytime you make more hp with a engine it will accelerate wear, but that is true with any method of increasing hp.... turbo/supercharger/nos/ect.

I would get a direct port setup, and jet for 120-150hp. Get the safety items like a RPM Window switch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaveH, i heard about your na-t. I had a couple of questions for you. Taking everything into consideration (price and acceleration of engine wear), what is the best way to increase power. I only want that extra power maybe a few times a month. Thanks for your time.

S

·
0 Posts
Dave H
What price would that kind of set-up cost around the twin-cities? And who would you recommend to do the work if one was to go that route which I'm considering if I ever get the $$$ to get a MKIV
thanks,
Zak

·
ABM
497 Posts
mayn...its pretty daym pricey dude. just had my 125 direct-port put in and the labor costed more than the kit. they drill your manifold and the flow tubes have to be aligned perfectly if you want the direct port to jet correctly. i bought my kit for $600 :D , so you have an idea of how much it is to put in. thats not including the purge valve, window switch, and bottle heater. oh and also get an upgraded fuel pump. walbro works great, even heard the TT pump is ok, but correct me if im wrong. i'll post some pics after the carshow here in HTown this weekend. payce

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts