Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are these washers that came with a 5M-GE Pacesetter manifold looking like this:

Never seen that kind of washers before. What is the reason they are cut like that? Should they be used?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Krister said:
Why are these washers that came with a 5M-GE Pacesetter manifold looking like this:

Never seen that kind of washers before. What is the reason they are cut like that? Should they be used?
I have no idea why its like that but why did you post this in the MK3 section if its for a 5mge?

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
I got Pacesetters for my 7MGE a while back that came with those same washers....I don't think I used them. Never had any problems. They might be cut like that to act as a lock washer. Who knows.

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
lock washer gets my vote, never really a big fan of some of the pacesetter stuff. I've seen a header on a SR20 from them that wasn't bad, but I had a catback from them on my sentra that had the worst muffler on it. Liked their Short throw shifter i had though. (Sentra again)

·
Registered
601 Posts
tkvtec said:
lock washer gets my vote, never really a big fan of some of the pacesetter stuff. I've seen a header on a SR20 from them that wasn't bad, but I had a catback from them on my sentra that had the worst muffler on it. Liked their Short throw shifter i had though. (Sentra again)
I kind of like my Pacesetter cat back on my NA MK3. Sounds great and was really cheap. But then again Ive seen a couple of their Honda exhausts that were bull shit

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Yeah, like I said, some of their stuff isn't bad, especially for the price, but some of it is just awful. Well, maybe not awful, but they could have definitely picked a less restrictive muffler for the Sentra catback (just my experience). The piping is good, but the muffler I had was crap. They used a louvered core, non straight-thru design and eventually the muffler packing, whatever it was stopped working so well and the original tone which was ok, turned really raspy and gave that typical Honda sound.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
wusaint36 said:
I kind of like my Pacesetter cat back on my NA MK3. Sounds great and was really cheap. But then again Ive seen a couple of their Honda exhausts that were bull shit
I had a pacesetter on my car and liked it at first, but the packing they used somehow came loose and started making a rattling sound everytime the engine was reved. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
wusaint36 said:
I have no idea why its like that but why did you post this in the MK3 section if its for a 5mge?
:wtcslap: Because of this:

JT87NA said:
I got Pacesetters for my 7MGE a while back that came with those same washers....I don't think I used them.
Thanks for your help JT87NA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts