Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day. I've been searching the googles and this forum for how to properly connect my Blitz SBC ID3 (Two port) EBC to my external wastegate; I'm upgrading to a T4 turbo w/ external wastegate and have only had internal actuators in the past, so this is new to me. Anyhoo, I seem to be confusing myself with the more I read, so I thought I'd post here and hope someone could help me break it down stupid style.

For reference, I have the Driftmotion T4 turbo kit for a 7MGTE and the external wastegate has a port in the middle of the wastegate and a port at the top of the dome spring housing.

My boost controller has a two port solenoid and the way I thought it should be connected is the compressor port from the turbo housing connects to the IN port on the EBC solenoid and the OUT port of the EBC goes to the middle wastegate port. With that said, my understanding is the middle port will add pressure to open the exhaust valve and the top port will either vent or it can be used to add pressure to prevent the valve from opening when the spring pressure is reached, so that method isn't adding up and doesn't seem right.

Per the diagram from Blitz's instruction manual, the SBC's IN port connects to the intake prior to the throttle body and the SBC OUT port connects to the port on the top of the WG's dome and the turbo's compressor connects to the middle port on the WG. From what I'm seeing online, I'm not seeing people install the SBC in this way and instead they are using a tee from the turbo compressor housing. Could I put a tee on the compressor housing port and split that line to the middle WG port and the EBC's IN port, and then the EBC OUT port to the WG's port on the top dome?

I am confusing myself, so any assistance to help educate me would be appreciated; thank you!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, looks like I'm gonna do this the old fashion, pre-google way.. just do it and adjust through trial and error.

I think that I can tee off of the compressor housing nipple and from there connect to the middle port on the wastegate and also the IN port on the EBC. Then I'll take the OUT port of the EBC and connect that to the top port of the wastegate. My running theory is that the EBC OUT port will add pressure to the top port of the wastegate to keep the valve closed until the desired boost pressure is reached, then the EBC will allow the wastegate to open.

We'll see how that goes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out this video by driving for answers:

You'll want to look at what they're calling 'level 3' - that's an explanation for how a 2 port boost control solenoid should be plumbed in to a turbo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll want to look at what they're calling 'level 3' - that's an explanation for how a 2 port boost control solenoid should be plumbed in to a turbo.
Thank you for the video; that was pretty informative and helped break-own how to plumb in the solenoids based on the number of ports. Much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts