Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently installed an aftermarket intake manifold and throttle body. im just wondering what you do with the power steering vacuum lines that used to come off the stock throttle body. do you run both to a vacuum source, or just run one to a vacuum source and cap the other? any info is appreciated. thanks, Rick.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
If you are referring to the two ports on the vacuum switch on the PS pump, then the answer would be you do not really need them. You can hook them up if you want your idle speed to raise when you are using your PS. If you want to hook them up, do so like stock.... one to either side of the TB plate.

·
Toyota MasterTech
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses guys. i guess ill cap them because my aftermarket throttle body has no ports for vacuum lines.

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
If you are referring to the two ports on the vacuum switch on the PS pump, then the answer would be you do not really need them. You can hook them up if you want your idle speed to raise when you are using your PS. If you want to hook them up, do so like stock.... one to either side of the TB plate.
Is it all it does? raise idle speed? I alwasy thought it has something to do with progressive steering

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
While were on the vacuum cap subject, where can one get a quality assortment of vacuum caps? I bought a small assortment box from autozone a month ago but they are already starting to crack.

Ive heard napa carries good rubber as far as heater hose/vacuum hose ...has anyone looked at the vac caps they carry?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
When you turn your wheel it puts pressure against the valve below the two vacuum line ports on the pump. When that valve opens air bypasses the throttle plate and it therefore raises the idle and makes your car steer easier at slow speeds and helps keep people who don't know how to drive from stalling. Most of us have our idle raised anyhow so it really doesn't serve much purpose.

Silver bullet where you hiding??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Correct.... Just cap them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts