Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 94 Supra TT and have a question about the proper tire pressure. The previous owner put aftermarket tires and wheels on it… I am wondering if I should fill the tires to the recommended pressure on the door jam of the car which I think is around 40 PSI or the PSI on the tire (which I can‘t seem to find).

Here is the information that I can find
The Tires are: Pirelli P7000 Supersport P235/40ZR18 in the front and P275/35ZR18
The wheels are: Koenig 690KG VLA 18x8

R

·
0 Posts
Stock pressure is 36 I believe. I've always run 36 and never had a problem.

Ryan

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Come on guys, go back and look real closely at the writing on the tires. Each tire has it's own design inflation pressure, it's based on that particular tire, not the wheel it's mounted on and definitely not the car it's mounted on. If you look closely at the sidewalls, it's stamped right on there. Even your bicycle, your lawn mower, any pneumatic tire made has it stamped on the sidewall.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
ya but thats the max. pressure. i just set mine to 35 and i have 255/35/18 and 275/35/18. its a little hard but i don't know how much of it is my HA's.

P

·
0 Posts
you guys are gonna have some nice wheel spin at 36 lbs if you are making big boost. I have BFG drag radials and I keep 26 lbs for traction (yes, you have to watch railroad tracks/potholes).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I run stock tire size & recommended pressure front & rear. Recommended tire pressure, on the door sticker for a 97 TT, is 33 psi all around.

The rear tires are very sensitive pressure. I check the pressure frequently.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
I run the stock tire size all the way around also, I usually run 32 all the way around too. track is a different story, i get down to about 12 psi. i guess you shouldn't run under 28 psi on the street judging from paul_c's post.

Brett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts