Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the 2jz-gte 3.0L built 8.5:1CR, etc.

I currently have a t4 0.81 a/r pt76gts turbo with 3.5" downpipe.

I am curious to find out what the highest whp that has been made with this turbo setup.

Also, if I decide to change to the 0.96 a/r turbine housing, what is the highest whp made on a pt76gts with that a/r?

I have searched but can't find specific information on this. I like the spool of the 0.81 a/r of course but if the peak whp is something I can get with a smaller turbo then it would be wise to change to a smaller turbo or go with the 0.96 a/r turbine housing.

Thank you for your help on this. Any dyno sheets are appreciated.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i made 796rwhp through a th400 at 31psi on a 76gts .8x AR
Thank you so much for your input. The TH400 robs more power from the wheels so it is good to know you made nearly 800whp with that.

Was that SAE on a Dynojet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my customers recently made 920 on a 6 speed with the .81 hot side housing. I think it would pick up alot up top with the .96 and maybe a bit more cam (HKS 272 currently).
Thank you very much! Wow! This is promissing! I will be getting 272s soon!
that was STD on a dyno dynamics.
Now I feel even better since it was a DD dyno (heartbreaker). Thanks for the info!

I just checked. I can fit a 0.96 a/r turbine housing if needed but I'd like to try for 900whp with the 0.81 a/r.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
I've made 890whp through a six speed on a Land and Sea and 815whp through a TH400 on a Mustang Dyno. Imo a .81 A/R on a 3.0 is way too small. I'm willing to bet you go to that .96 A/R and wont loose any noticable spool

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
i made 801 rwhp @ 34-35psi on a dynapack...

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
This is for the 2jz-gte 3.0L built 8.5:1CR, etc.

I currently have a t4 0.81 a/r pt76gts turbo with 3.5" downpipe.

I am curious to find out what the highest whp that has been made with this turbo setup.

Also, if I decide to change to the 0.96 a/r turbine housing, what is the highest whp made on a pt76gts with that a/r?

I have searched but can't find specific information on this. I like the spool of the 0.81 a/r of course but if the peak whp is something I can get with a smaller turbo then it would be wise to change to a smaller turbo or go with the 0.96 a/r turbine housing.

Thank you for your help on this. Any dyno sheets are appreciated.
I used to run the PT 76GTS .81a/r. I had a built engine 8.5:1 comp, ported head/high lift cams. It made 955whp at 34 psi on our dynojet and I ran 150 mph consistently. I switched to the .96 a/r housing in the middle of a race one time and ran 1-2 mph faster from that point on. Boost came on noticeably slower though, If i remember correctly it was about 200 rpm slower and a few tenths slower to hit target on the antilag. I never dynoed it with the .96 housing though.

This was an awesome turbo, however I highly recommend keeping the boost under 35 psi. Once I started pushing it to 39-40 psi it would blow the turbo within 10 passes.

-Darin

·
2j GT4294 stickersadd20hp
1,594 Posts
I used to run the PT 76GTS .81a/r. I had a built engine 8.5:1 comp, ported head/high lift cams. It made 955whp at 34 psi on our dynojet and I ran 150 mph consistently. I switched to the .96 a/r housing in the middle of a race one time and ran 1-2 mph faster from that point on. Boost came on noticeably slower though, If i remember correctly it was about 200 rpm slower and a few tenths slower to hit target on the antilag. I never dynoed it with the .96 housing though.

This was an awesome turbo, however I highly recommend keeping the boost under 35 psi. Once I started pushing it to 39-40 psi it would blow the turbo within 10 passes.

-Darin

at what rpm did you start building Boost ?????????

also could you post up a pic of the dyno sheet ??????

Thank You. Derin :sadwavey: :sadwavey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts