Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My UR pulley kit w/ Crank for 93-98 supra came in today and now I'm not sure what I need to do because of the different views about them being bad for the engine. I have talk to MVP and they said that they were alright as long as my car was a 6 speed (which it is), but then Suprastore said that they would not even sell them to anybody because of the whole harmonic dampener thing. I'm now stuck and confused about if I should use them or not. I have asked this question before and nobody seemed to what to respond, so I thought I would just try one more time. Should I use them or not? I would really love to put them on my car (Since I have paid for them, and don't want to lose the 20% restocking fee to return them), but I don't want to have to chance hurting my engine just for 15hp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MCL

M

·
0 Posts
Well Dusty has never steered me wrong, but I am personally staying away from them as a just in case.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I had that same kit on my car, but ended up taking the crank pulley off do to charging problems. I will say that shifting is smoother with the stock crank pulley on (6spd). I have no hard proof saying that removing the harmonic balancer is good or bad, but anything called a balancer seems important to me. Honestly I would just put the other three pulleys on (cause they look sweet), and sell the crank pulley. Besides taking off the bolt holding it on is a bitch...not to mention putting it back to 239ft-lbs. Whenever mkiv.com comes back online look on there. I want to say that there was some good information provided there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys.

I guess since it is more of a somone told me or I heard this type of topic it would be better to just play it safe and not run the crank pulley for now. I mean I wouldn't really want to hurt my dawg.

Thanks for the help

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts