Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen people that have those CF dash kits...and with time the get ugly as hell and start yellowing.... would the RMM CF wing do the same thing or not.... and is there a way to protected from doing that....?

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Bump - I'd like to know, too :)

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
yes it does do that...

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I have the CF RMM wing, with no signs of yellow. I've seen this with cheap ass CF parts. As for the dash I also have a CF one without any yellow spots. If you buy quality pieces you will be fine.

·
Old School Socal Member
365 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
I have the CF RMM wing, with no signs of yellow. I've seen this with cheap ass CF parts. As for the dash I also have a CF one without any yellow spots. If you buy quality pieces you will be fine.
I have to agree. My RMM wing has no yellow to it at all. Also my CF dash kit has been on for about 4 years now and still looks fantastic!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they told that if you drive your car a lot and the CF is expose a lot to the sun thats what can cause the yellowing on the dash kits... I don't know about the Wing... I never heard anyone having this problem but at the same time I don't know how often this people drive the car and how expose is the car to all kind of weather...

·
5,059 Posts
I think most people who get the spoiler get the bodyshop to spray more clear coat on the carbon fiber to protect against yellowing.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i was wondering, i believe the factory wing makes about 65lbs of downforce @90 mph... anybody know the downforce numbers on the RM... thanks, brian

·
ABM
497 Posts
i use to have the RMM carbon wing. the carbon fiber part was heavily layered over the carbon strands and from the side you can see how much clear layering there is over it. seemed like it was indesctructable against yellowing. one of the nicest constructed carbon fiber parts i've seen so i wouldn't really worry about it.

·
HKS Twins
432 Posts
Prolonged exposure to UV will cause any cf set up to yellow. The only diff is how each part was maufactured. Quality materials will prolong yellowing but it will happen.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
i thought the yellowing was the acrylic they used? I have a hks cf/ti exhaust with no clear coat/acrylic at all. No sign of yellowing.

Sid

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
one of the so cal supra members has a rmm * or rmr * if you want to be technically correct...* and it does have yellowing...

i have just ordered my rmr wing w/ carbon fiber middle piece...but instead of putting clear coat on...i'm thinking i'm going to put star shield over it

·
HKS Twins
432 Posts
Sid,

The reason why your CF exhaust has no yellowing is becaes it was made vacumed formed and minimum epoxy we used. Rmm center pieces are hand laid and excessive amounts of epoxy or some places polyester resin, causes faster yellowing.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
so how can we prevent this?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
MyKarIsVicious said:
so how can we prevent this?
i love your sig! hahahahahaah even though i dont know who peter is i think its great, it got me a laugh.

Brett

1 - 18 of 18 Posts