Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my eye on a 94 tt supra 6spd, it was hit in the front and both airbags deployed. the car is now fixed and in great cond. it has a t78 turbo kit on it with microtech fuel management, exhaust, intercooler etc. what do you think the car would be worth he wants 23,000$ but i know thats quite a bit for it what would be a decent/good price????

please help

· Banned
666 Posts
If salvage title, I don't think I would pay $23k for it. Unless you are friends and know the car's history I don't think it would be a good risk. I would pay no more than $19k assuming the car checks out 100% and all mods were done correctly.

Keep in mind a salvage title will tear down the resale value if you ever have to sell the car again.

· Ludicrous speed! GO!
2,559 Posts
For 23k you can get a clean titled supra - heck even for 19k. I would probably only pay between 13k-15k.

· Supra TT Senior
1,895 Posts
I'd try to get him to mid-upper teens. The people who think he'll let it go for $10K are on crack.

If everything was fixed right and the car is tuned and puts down a good amount of power, I'd probably look to pay around $17-18K.

BTW- how many miles are on it? That also plays into it. My price idea assumed normal mileage...

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
tfly said:
It's salvaged. I'd offer him $10K. Theres a local guy selling a salvaged '97 for around $15-16k.
Why don't you get his number for me, I'll buy it turn around and sell it for 25k :sadance:

· Garage Queen Club
3,470 Posts
If the chassis is straight, both airbags are installed and it looks well put together, I'de pay $20k. There are many salvaged tittle supras (which have been repaired with a new clean title) which are properly done.

Make sure the chassis is straight, body panels line up. Check the shock towers and look for the impact subframe beams for any bends/kinks. If it was hit hard, the subframe is tough to "push" back foward, and you'll see a dent in the subframe near the oil filter (or the other side as well).

People say the resell value drops, but its a Supra. If a Supra is hit over and over, but fixed over and over, in and out of salvage titles and what not, yet the car keeps coming back straight, clean, aligned with all body panels looking proper, I don't see why the car would go for less. The person who buys it for $10k will have a Supra just as good as one who bought it for $30k. I think its more of a "cop out" when folks mention it. If your selling a salveged Supra to a supra owner who knows (or will know) a Supra in and out, the resell value shouldn't drop.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Get that thing checked on a chassis machine. I forgot the name of it. If it's professionally restored to the detail, I don't see it losing money. Like Andre said, every car has its buyer at whatever the price.

There are many cleaned title Supras with rebuilt / salvaged history running around.

· hardtopper
2,617 Posts
dre99gsx said:
If the chassis is straight, both airbags are installed and it looks well put together, I'de pay $20k. There are many salvaged tittle supras (which have been repaired with a new clean title) which are properly done.

Make sure the chassis is straight, body panels line up. Check the shock towers and look for the impact subframe beams for any bends/kinks. If it was hit hard, the subframe is tough to "push" back foward, and you'll see a dent in the subframe near the oil filter (or the other side as well).

People say the resell value drops, but its a Supra. If a Supra is hit over and over, but fixed over and over, in and out of salvage titles and what not, yet the car keeps coming back straight, clean, aligned with all body panels looking proper, I don't see why the car would go for less. The person who buys it for $10k will have a Supra just as good as one who bought it for $30k. I think its more of a "cop out" when folks mention it. If your selling a salveged Supra to a supra owner who knows (or will know) a Supra in and out, the resell value shouldn't drop.
Very well put! If it all checks out you are good to go!

People we are not talking about a 97 Taurus salvage title. Go try to find a limited run car or exotic salvaged title. They lose value but not much. I'd say most cars lose almost half their value when salvaged and fixed. Supras and other high-end rare cars only lose like 3-5K. :bigthumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.