Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there was a post in another section but it didn't get the answer i was looking for so i guess i'll ask here. www.coolingmist.com has a kit on sale for $225 right now and i wanted to know if some of you experts could look at it and tell me if its a complete kit or if i will need anything else. also what size injector will i need? i'm bpu on 91.

http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?feature_key=Turbo_kits

its at the bottom.
thanks

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would i need the 150 if i'm just bpu? also what size injector would i need? sorry i'm a newb to this. :)

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Drivenfaster said:
what substantial benefits can you really get out of this at bpu anyways?
You would not have to run race gas to get full timing above 16 psi / cooler EGTs / clean head and valves.

supralover, I would start with an M5 nozzle @ BPU. With a 100 PSI pump the output would be 5 gallons / hour. I have no personal experience running meth on BPU so hopefully someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you. and yes i'm doing this so i do not have to run race gas and just to be on the safe side.
IGGYWOOWOO: thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what will that do? i was thinking that if i used the boost switch that i could just have it come on around 16psi or so. is that not a good idea?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
supralover93 said:
what will that do? i was thinking that if i used the boost switch that i could just have it come on around 16psi or so. is that not a good idea?
thats too high for BPU on 91 octane, try to start it at 12-13 psi.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have a bpu car as well. I've never read into meth kits, but now I am beginning to. My mods are;
intake, dp, exhaust, greddy bcc
apexi avcr boost controller
apexi safc 2 fuel controller
Innovative wideband O2
RPS Light Wieght Flywheel (and max clutch)
3" core Fronbt Mount Intercooler with 3" hardpipes
Jun Exhaust Cam gear
Turbos echaust housings are ported, and have some better than OEM bearings
I also reduced my wieght by 350 lbs

I raced an 11sec talon today that i matched speed with, however my boost was at only 1bar :) :)

I have 94 octane around here that i could run.

So yea, would that meth kit above work on my car as well? and would i need a controller, or could i work it off my apexi avcr? Then around what rpm or boost would be best to turn it on? WOuld being in TTC mode make a differnece on how to use the meth or not?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but im trying to learn :) thanks.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol. i'm trying to learn just like you. could you please explain how you ported your exhaust housings and what bearings you are using? also if you have dyno sheets, would you mind posting them?

now back to the alky. questions. what would happen if the alky./water come on too early?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
supralover93 said:
now back to the alky. questions. what would happen if the alky./water come on too early?
you will feel it bog down. if you have sequential twins, set the activation to 12-13 psi -ie when the 2nd turbo comes online. With an M5 nozzle and 80-100 psi, it won't bog.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The controller will allow you to start spraying at say 8psi, and ramp the spray up as boost build's, and set full on spray say at 12-13psi. You can also select the curve up in incraments to adjust for what mixture you are running.

This is a great way to keep the charge cooled without over spraying.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would i really need this if i'm only bpu? i figured i'd just need the smallest injector and i'd be good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts