Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- I was just curious. What should the resting(engine off) pressure be indicating on an FPR? Should it be zero, or should there be a certain amount of constant pressure? I was just curious if anyone could relate to me their own observations.
Thanks!

·
Registered
400 Posts
From what I know and someone correct me if i'm wrong........there may be some backpressure right after you turn the car off but it sould be at or return to zero while the car is off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
mine is zero when i when the car sits for a while. when i just turn off the car, it's around 30. i don't know if that helps any

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bit, because as soon as my engine stop turning, it drops to zero instantly, and It seems that when I start the car in the morning, the fuel pump has to run fuel all the way from the tank, back up to the fuel rail, as though there is no rail pressure at all. I remember loosening fuel liones near the engine of my 20 year old 280Z, and having to be careful no to get fuel spraying on me, even if the car sat for a few days. So I'm thinking that I have a leak, perhaps at the Cold start valve or something. Therefore, I'm going to try removing it, and see what happens. Anyone else, please feel free to chime in.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Hello S.G.,
Normally, pressure will remain in the system for 20-30 min. If it drops right away, it indicates either a faulty check-valve in the fuel pump, faulty FPR, or leaky injector. The TSRM checks on the Cygnus site should enable you to pinpoint the root cause.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm.
I hope it;s not a bad checkvalve in the pump, as it's a new pump.
But I'll hit the TSRM and troubleshoot.
Thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts