Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the 93-98 TT:
Does Toyota currently sell the stock TT pads with shims attached? Or, do they intend for the SupraTT "shim-kit" to be used in addition to the metal backing already on the pad? Also, are the factory pads supposed to be installed with the pad-wear indicator on the lower side of the pad(closer to the ground)??
And last, in reference to the "fitment" kit (clips): When I am facing the caliper with the wheel removed, which side of the pad (left or right) does the clip fasten to??? I guess what Im asking is if someone can describe how the pads, clips, and shims are intended to be mounted? Hope I made sense...
Thank you in advance.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
You remove the shims from your previous pads and use them in addition to the metal backing plate on the pads you purchase.

Wear indicators are pointed down (close to the ground.)

I'm not sure what you mean by clip...if you mean the spring clip that holds the pins in place it goes away from the wheel (rear of caliper.

Here's a picture for you:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
OH yea!

doing the big twin turbo brake upgrade on the GS400 are we?

I have no idea what your talking about..... I suck when it comes to brakes.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ubermensch, thanks for the info, much appreciated!!!
Would you mind PLEEEEASe posting the FRONT caliper pics???
The"clips" that I was referring to attach to the upper corner of the pad(diaganol from the wear indicator, to hold the shim against the pad I think??). The Toyota FRONT caliper fitting kit includes these but they arent in the illustration you posted for the rear caliper. Also, the pic you posted shows an "inner" anti-squeal shim and an anti-squeal shim. Are the "INNER" anti-squeal shims what are now being attached to the factory pads as metal backing? The reason I ask is, I purchased the FRONT shim kit and it doesnt have the "inner" anti squeal shims, just the squeal shims w/the semi-circle pre-cut in them. Thanks again....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GS400 said:
Ubermensch, thanks for the info, much appreciated!!!
Would you mind PLEEEEASe posting the FRONT caliper pics???
The"clips" that I was referring to attach to the upper corner of the pad(diaganol from the wear indicator, to hold the shim against the pad I think??). The Toyota FRONT caliper fitting kit includes these but they arent in the illustration you posted for the rear caliper. Also, the pic you posted shows an "inner" anti-squeal shim and an anti-squeal shim. Are the "INNER" anti-squeal shims what are now being attached to the factory pads as metal backing? The reason I ask is, I purchased the FRONT shim kit and it doesnt have the "inner" anti squeal shims, just the squeal shims w/the semi-circle pre-cut in them. Thanks again....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts