Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

Im looking to buy a mk4 supra soon and in the spirit of being informed with the general concensus, i wanted to know what would be a reasonable price or "how much would you pay" for a 1993 NA A/T Supra that had a salvage title with aprox 30k miles

Im looking to know how much i should offer

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hard to say, typically when I see that the title isn't clean I'll just straight pass on the car.
I'd pay mid teens for it if the salvage title was due to a mechanical issue (blown motor) and the body and interior were in good condition if I intended it to be a daily driver. If the interior was beat to shit and the body needed work then I'd consider it basically a shell and pass on it.
Bone stock low mileage TT 6spd hard tops are collector cars.

·
Administrator
8,647 Posts
So how much would you pay? And what combo makes it a collector? To me they are all drivers 😁
It's a salvage title car, its worth 20 to 30 percent less than equivalent clean title. $16k tops unless your some dipshit that doesnt understand value or generally how money and credit work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hard to say, typically when I see that the title isn't clean I'll just straight pass on the car.
I'd pay mid teens for it if the salvage title was due to a mechanical issue (blown motor) and the body and interior were in good condition if I intended it to be a daily driver. If the interior was beat to shit and the body needed work then I'd consider it basically a shell and pass on it.
Bone stock low mileage TT 6spd hard tops are collector cars.
Thanks for the insight... posted pics below

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a salvage title car, its worth 20 to 30 percent less than equivalent clean title. $16k tops unless your some dipshit that doesnt understand value or generally how money and credit work.
So should i ignore miles and go solely on year and model and title and condition?

If kbb is to be trusted, its valued around 30k in that condition with the 30k miles on the car, so 30% less is around 20k... should that be fair?

·
Administrator
8,647 Posts
If you feel comfortable with that then sure. Why was it salvaged is also important, frame damage? Fire? Theft? Flood?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you feel comfortable with that then sure. Why was it salvaged is also important, frame damage? Fire? Theft? Flood?
Supposedly an accident and deemed totaled. It was repaired and repainted but the report they sent is inconsistent. I might pull a carfax. They dealer was forthcoming on the salvaged title so it might not be anything serious as they claim. They know the car can only be a cash deal and he messed up saying they have had it for a while 🤭 and one sale fell through

·
Administrator
8,647 Posts
look for all the vin tags, they will tell atleast how many panels were replaced. Tags on front crash bar visible from the top, fender tags on inside vertical edge of fender in engine bay, door vin tags, door jamb tags on inside of door opening against rear quarters, hatch vin tag, rear crash bar vin tag visible looking up laying on back past exhaust.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 35 Posts