Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I changed out my spark plugs last weekend I noticed that 3 (I believe) of the wiring harness/clips connected to the two wires that plug into the top of each coil pack (in pairs) had the white plastic part broken out of them.. Im guessing the idiot body shop did that too, but I dont know...

Anyway.. with the white plastic part broken out the two little black plastic/metal conductors which make contact with the coil packs can freely move around and need to be positioned just right to plug the wires into the packs... I was wondering if anyone knows what it would cost to get 3 of these little wiring harness's, they are so small I think I would have a hard time locating them @ the parts department of toyota.. also would this cause my car to have any less power, or mess up the spark? they are plugged in, but I dont know how good the contact is..

My car keeps feeling a little slower, but most people tell me im just getting used to it, Im honestly not sure.. thats PROBABLY what is going on, just getting used to it after a while.. but I always think something is wrong :(

Just curious if you all know how much these things are, thanks... and btw, any idea what the two crankcase hoses go for.. I cant call toyota right now or Id ask.. but usually I need to go down there and point it out on the diagram or they cant find it :D

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Mine did the same last plug change so I am picking some up tonight and finally fix it. I called Jay Marks and they have about 57 of them in stock at around $6.00 each.

Oh, and the part # is 90980-11246

M

·
0 Posts
$4-something a piece after discount, plus $6 UPS shipping. Thanks for the tip Euphoric, just got me all 6 of them.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
You don't even have to tell Jeff Watson at Jay Marks Toyota what the part # is. It's a high volume sales item. Just tell him the plastic part on the coil pack wires and he knows by heart what to ship. BTW, I would not blame the shop for breaking them. What happens is over time they get brittle from the heat and are extremely easy to break. I've broke about 3 of them so far on my 2 supras. Buy extras now.

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
XCELR8 said:
You don't even have to tell Jeff Watson at Jay Marks Toyota what the part # is. It's a high volume sales item. Just tell him the plastic part on the coil pack wires and he knows by heart what to ship. BTW, I would not blame the shop for breaking them. What happens is over time they get brittle from the heat and are extremely easy to break. I've broke about 3 of them so far on my 2 supras. Buy extras now.
I haven't looked in depth at these things yet so how hard are they to change out? Simple as unplug and plug in of is it more complicated? Just don't like walking blindly into things...Thanks-

M

·
0 Posts
I presume you just cut those two wires on a stock connector (to remove the old plug) and splice them into two wires on a new harness clip. Should take 5 minutes to do all 6.

S

·
0 Posts
DO NOT splice any wires..
There are 2 prongs on the metal connectors at the end of the wires.
Get a small prick tool to press them down and each wire will pop right out of the connector. Just pop them into the new connector. Make sure you mind which wire goes to which side..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank god that I came across this post! The same thing just happened to me when I replaced my plugs. As of yet the engine doesn't misfire, but I think over time the wires are going to back off and start giving me problems. As for the parts from Jay Mark. Do you know if the white pin holder comes with the connecter shell?
A warning for anyone that is going to change their plugs. Make sure that the white wire/pin holder is not in the sparkplug hole before removing the plug. The part is small enough to easily fall into the combustion chamber.

Thanks for the info. :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts