Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ,, I`m using Stock Twins Upgrade GT28 USDM (STU) with MAPECU 2 , and i got 470 rwhp on 19 - 20 PSI at 95 Octain ... and this is my timing map :

any suggestion ? and can i go more degrees ?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
It looks like you're adding timing onto the stock maps via the MAP ECU. Is that correct? If so, you're commanding around 25 deg of timing at 20 psi on 95 octane. I don't want to give bad advice, but that seems extremely aggressive -hopefully a MAP ECU expert will chime in.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
It looks like you're adding timing onto the stock maps via the MAP ECU. Is that correct? If so, you're commanding around 25 deg of timing at 20 psi on 95 octane. I don't want to give bad advice, but that seems extremely aggressive -hopefully a MAP ECU expert will chime in.
My thoughts exactly. The stock ecu has very aggressive timing maps already. Have you ever logged a pull to see how much timing your ecu is pulling back because of knock? I bet you would be surprised.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you mean when i add 1 Or 2 degrees from map-ecu , that mean i`m adding extra timing that OEM Ecu give ??

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Do you mean when i add 1 Or 2 degrees from map-ecu , that mean i`m adding extra timing that OEM Ecu give ??
Yes, that is correct. That is how the MAP ECU 2 Timing function works. It either adds or subtracts timing to the factory ECU timing map.

You really should be logging your base timing first before attempting to add any additional on top of the factory timing map.

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
From speaking with many supra shops, they recommend leaving the stock ECU to take care of the timing until 600whp.

So in your case, put all the fields back to 0 and let the stock computer do its thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts