Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I have a quick question. is it safe to drive under boost ( full throttle) in Arizona at summer time??
to be more specific :

97 Supra TT engine with a single T76 Turbo. the boost is set to 0.8- 0.9 bar ... is it fine to sometimes floor it in the summer , when its Hot or is that a big NO no ??

Thanks in advance

· Registered
3 Posts
Yes its ok to go full throttle in the summer. theres really no difference except the air is a little less dense. and .9 bar is not that much pressure. what part of arizona do you live? I used to live in flagstaff, and phoenix after that. I sort of know a guy in flag that has an mkiv with over 1000 hp. he sent the motor to japan and spent over $20,000 having it built.

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes its ok to go full throttle in the summer. theres really no difference except the air is a little less dense. and .9 bar is not that much pressure. what part of arizona do you live? I used to live in flagstaff, and phoenix after that. I sort of know a guy in flag that has an mkiv with over 1000 hp. he sent the motor to japan and spent over $20,000 having it built.
Tucson. Thx alot for the great answer :)
It helped alot

· SONICSUPRA IS BACK!!
1,367 Posts
Hi ,

I have a quick question. is it safe to drive under boost ( full throttle) in Arizona at summer time??
to be more specific :

97 Supra TT engine with a single T76 Turbo. the boost is set to 0.8- 0.9 bar ... is it fine to sometimes floor it in the summer , when its Hot or is that a big NO no ??

Thanks in advance
it will be okay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.