Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Question about V161 vs V160 (PICS ADDED)

I just purchased a 6 speed tranny which the seller claimed that it is V161. He said that it's 2JZ-GTE VVTi transmission from Japan.

Is there any sign that I can see from the outside of the tranny?

I know there is a number like 233.0.0330.91.

Anyone?

Here are some pictures:

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
it was attached to a VVTI GTE ENGINe ?? should have checked the numbering on the engine to see if it matched or anything similar.

Damn that thing looks Brand new. who cares if its v160 or v161 thats gott ab elow miles.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy said it came from TRD Japan. It has about 5000 miles.
And yes, it came from VVTi engine. I have pics of that tranny when it attached to the engine.

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
there is no reason to doubt the seller, that certainly looks like a mint (very near new) gearbox. The fact that it is so new means it is most likely a v161, all this means is that the gears are *slightly* shorter than the v160 - not a bad thing :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yes take a pic of the drain plug and post it. A v161 as i stated in the for sale ad is nothing more than a 97-98 tranny with shorter gears.

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
can you tell me what are the differences with the drain plug between the v160/161?

Thanks

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
spooldup said:
yes take a pic of the drain plug and post it. A v161 as i stated in the for sale ad is nothing more than a 97-98 tranny with shorter gears.
the V161 was an optional 6spd on the NAs in japan. It's supposedly geared to work with the NA rear end.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^No, I won't do that to you Dan....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts