Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did a search and came up empty. My window motor on my 94 went out on my driver side and just to replace it is pretty expensive. Even at a dealer cost it's 256.99. Here's my question, are there any other Toyota's that use the same window motor? Like a Carolla, a Celica, or whatever. If I can find a car that uses the same motor, the cost would be way cheaper. My friend found a door handle for his car off of another car that used the same door handle and he said it was cheaper because of the damn part number. Same exact handle but way cheaper. Anybody know? The dealer wouldn't tell me either.

·
WilKillya County Sheriff
2,201 Posts
JoeSpec94 said:
Well, I did a search and came up empty. My window motor on my 94 went out on my driver side and just to replace it is pretty expensive. Even at a dealer cost it's 256.99. Here's my question, are there any other Toyota's that use the same window motor? Like a Carolla, a Celica, or whatever. If I can find a car that uses the same motor, the cost would be way cheaper. My friend found a door handle for his car off of another car that used the same door handle and he said it was cheaper because of the damn part number. Same exact handle but way cheaper. Anybody know? The dealer wouldn't tell me either.
From my experience most of the motors on Toyotas are universal. My mom had a 93 Camry a while back and we ended up parking it when she got her new car. My brother got a 96 4Runner a few months ago and one of the motors went out instantly and we just swapped one the Camry's motors into it. You could check with Curt on it.. he'd be able to clear things up for you.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for askin, but who's Kurt? That would be cool if they are universal, but still I dont want to take a chance with buying one and it not fitting. That would be a waste

·
Registered
624 Posts
Curt is the parts manager at Elmhurst Toyota. Go to the Elmhurst forum and ask your motor question. If Curt can't help you , no one can. Also did you take the door panel off to check the motor? Usually the cables that raise the window become all frayed and clog everything up. There is also a regulator part that can go bad. These parts are alot cheaper than the motor so make sure the motor is the culprit.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's the cable part, I can see it fray everywhere, the motor works though. I really don't know how to go about changing the cable itself. This happened to my last car and I had to buy a whole new set up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
mine went out on my supra as well, i got a used actuator for 75.00 its a pain in the ass to put in, i got it from jim at turbo toys in tampa give him a call all he has is used supra parts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts