Supra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching and reading *many* pages of threads, I haven't seen anyone else suggest this so I thought I'd ask if this seemed like a good idea to pursue.

Since the primary problem with the 7M-GTE oil pickup is that the pickup tube inlet and the top of the screen are about 1 1/2" above the bottom of the pan, is there any reason not to just put a cylindrical metal skirt around the pickup that extends down to about 1/4" above the bottom of the pan? As long as it is sealed around the top to not let air in (welded? brazed? soldered? jbweld?) it would force the pickup to suck oil from the bottom 1/4" of the pan, which would cure the problem of our engines losing pressure in hard turns or when slightly low on oil. The bottom edge of the cylinder could be wavy so that there is no way that the pan could be pushed against it and starve the pump for oil. Does anyone see any downside to doing this?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.