Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· hmmmm
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering on your HKS Type-S FMIC kit (Part # HK 1301-RT083), which pipes are those that actually come with the $899 kit.

I bought my car with this kit installed, and whoever installed it flipped the top pipe around and when they got to the pipe that goes into the IC, they chopped it up, shortening the pipe and removing the bead welds. Unfortunaltey, I blow couplers at 10% throttle now. I think they used JB Weld or glue or something in there, and it held for a while, but now, it's done.

Anyways, if I can get away with not buying those other pipes for I think 150 bucks, that would be great, but I need to make sure the pipes that come with the $899 kit are infact the one I need to replace. The pipe off the turbos, and the next pipe are fine, it's that last pipe that goes to the IC that I hope the $899 kit will replace. Lemme know so I can order and get my car that has been down longer than I've owned it back on the road, lol. Thanks!

· Premium Member
10,884 Posts
The $899 kit includes 3 pipes as follows:

2 (both needed) pipes on the intake manifold side. One of these pipes goes from the FMIC towards the throttle body. The other pipe continues from the first pipe and connects to the throttle body.
And then, 1 pipe on the turbo side. This pipe goes from the FMIC up into your fender well, but does not quit come out of your fender well.

The $150 pipe kit includes the last 2 pipes needed for stock twins. These go from the above "turbo side" pipe up to your stock twins.

Thanks,

Dusty

· hmmmm
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dusty, looks like I can get away with just ordering the 899 kit, seeing as I have the full kit installed already, and I really just need the pipe that comes off the turbo side of the FMIC and ends behind and above the passenger turn signal. The little elbow pipe, and the pipe to the turbos are still good, so I just need the 899 kit. Whew, not too bad. OK, check should clear monday so I'll be placing my order, and maybe some extra goodies early next week. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.