Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a line running from the thermostat housing to the water pump housing just where the lower rad hose is connected. The bolt holding the J tube on (dunno if this is the right name for the thing) by the lower rad hose snapped. And is in a hard location to tap it. So if I plugged both ends would there be a problem?

Car is a 89 Cressida 7MGE

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried removing the bolt but no luck its rusted to shit. The bolt snapped coming off and it snapped with barly any pressure applied.

What about if I plug up that hole there and slice the lower rad hose put a 3 way thing and hook up the line there would that be fine?

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
steeven001 said:
I've tried removing the bolt but no luck its rusted to shit. The bolt snapped coming off and it snapped with barly any pressure applied.

What about if I plug up that hole there and slice the lower rad hose put a 3 way thing and hook up the line there would that be fine?
im assuming you have an NA because those are the only ones that came with that fitting... the car doesnt need that water line... turbos all came without it... i just installed it on my turbo because you see a little bit cooler temps ... but that connection is unneccessary... now... to get the thread out... you need to pull off the entire front cover to get to that shit... well... you dont but it makes things alot easier... if you leave it on just make sure you take off everything around that area (ie. power steering pump and resevoir, radiator hose, distributor, etc) and get the RIGHT tools to fish that thread out of there or if you have to ... drill it out and retap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts