Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you do it yourself? or pay the labour? if so.. what is the average cost?
Average cost of a motor+turbos+6 speed tranny?
How do you manage the system ECU wise? and if you live in a Emmisions state.. how do you pass emmisions? is there a specific year thats easier/better to do?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did you do it yourself? or pay the labour? if so.. what is the average cost?
Average cost of a motor+turbos+6 speed tranny?
How do you manage the system ECU wise? and if you live in a Emmisions state.. how do you pass emmisions? is there a specific year thats easier/better to do?
Feldman,

I've been doing research for a good while now since my project is about to go underway. Costs really depend on whether you are willing to go the JDM route or try and find a USDM motor. Average costs I would say of motor/stockturbos/6spd if JDM would be ~3500-4500, and USDM a bit higher (more rare is the problem). ECU I'm planning on running stock ECU with USDM harness on a JDM setup (will be changing everything [cams, water pump, etc] to be like a USDM setup (albeit better than stock) with a stock ECU and MAP ECU(2). Probably switching to Motec or AEM as time goes on. Emissions: find a friend (I know of a couple in DFW area). I got a 97 because of the RSP, but from what I believe is correct, trans tunnel won't have to be pounded if after 95. Other than that pretty much straight forward swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts