Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
didnt greddy make a twin turbo kit back in the day for the 2jz? and where can i find one if its feasable

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
yes they used to make it...finding a used set would be the only likely source

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I believe they sold a manifold for Twin TD06, we had one in stock many moons ago but sold it, think it's still a very rare piece and may be difficult to get with Trusts recent financial issues (many hard to get parts they're simply stopped producing). I can't quite remember who bought the original manifold we had an what ever came of it, originally Omar had ordered it for his car but switched plans. I don't recall it being a complete kit just a manifold that was listed in their Japan Catalog.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I'm not positive, but didn't Ken H. have Greddy twins way back when?

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I believe they sold a manifold for Twin TD06, we had one in stock many moons ago but sold it, think it's still a very rare piece and may be difficult to get with Trusts recent financial issues (many hard to get parts they're simply stopped producing). I can't quite remember who bought the original manifold we had an what ever came of it, originally Omar had ordered it for his car but switched plans. I don't recall it being a complete kit just a manifold that was listed in their Japan Catalog.
wes if you can find it i will stop pm'ing everyone your paint code:gapteeth: j/k. please i need all the help i can get.

yes he did i sent him a pm. i know theres one out there sitting on someones shelf and i know someone knows someone with the kit. it cant be that hard to find.

·
Super Moderator
10,283 Posts
Nick, as usual, you are correct. brianmoss69, got your PM. I previously had two, CUSTOM, GReddy-based, big twin-turbo upgrades on my car, starting in 1998 until 2004 when I went stroker. Onelove is correct as well. My "kit" consisted of a Trust/Top Secret twin turbo manifold, two GReddy TD05H 18G turbos, a GReddy Type C Racing Wastegate, to which I added a Trust 16-row oil cooler. There was no turbo or FMIC piping, nor was there any lines, fittings, couplers, clamps or DP/MP, the type of stuff you normally receive when you purchase an off-the-shelf kit. SP Engineering and I blew these turbos when we were dynoing for Turbo magazine in preparation for its first article on my car.

We replaced the above turbos with GReddy's TD06L2 20G 8cm2 turbos, the Type C with the Type C H-F and dynoed at 666 whp for Turbo magazine on 92-octane pump. I eventually made 801 whp and 633 rwt with these turbos at 1.9 kg/cm^2 of boost, but the turbos didn't like boost above 1.75 kg/cm^2. In both cases, I went too small on the A/Rs because I was afraid I would give up too much in spool (I was wrong).

Many, many years ago, Turbo mag featured a black Trust/GReddy twin turbo factory car that made 653 whp, IIRC, a number that was considered HUGE at the time. Many who saw this article, or heard of it, figured that GReddy had offered an off-the-shelf big twin upgrade. Unfortunately this was not the case. I still have the manifold I used for the above set-ups because I always thought it might be fun to install it in my red car at some point. Hope this helps.

Ken.

·
Engmaineer
2,408 Posts
Nick, as usual, you are correct. brianmoss69, got your PM. I previously had two, CUSTOM, GReddy-based, big twin-turbo upgrades on my car, starting in 1998 until 2004 when I went stroker. Onelove is correct as well. My "kit" consisted of a Trust/Top Secret twin turbo manifold, two GReddy TD05H 18G turbos, a GReddy Type C Racing Wastegate, to which I added a Trust 16-row oil cooler. There was no turbo or FMIC piping, nor was there any lines, fittings, couplers, clamps or DP/MP, the type of stuff you normally receive when you purchase an off-the-shelf kit. SP Engineering and I blew these turbos when we were dynoing for Turbo magazine in preparation for its first article on my car.

We replaced the above turbos with GReddy's TD06L2 20G 8cm2 turbos, the Type C with the Type C H-F and dynoed at 666 whp for Turbo magazine on 92-octane pump. I eventually made 801 whp and 633 rwt with these turbos at 1.9 kg/cm^2 of boost, but the turbos didn't like boost above 1.75 kg/cm^2. In both cases, I went too small on the A/Rs because I was afraid I would give up too much in spool (I was wrong).

Many, many years ago, Turbo mag featured a black Trust/GReddy twin turbo factory car that made 653 whp, IIRC, a number that was considered HUGE at the time. Many who saw this article, or heard of it, figured that GReddy had offered an off-the-shelf big twin upgrade. Unfortunately this was not the case. I still have the manifold I used for the above set-ups because I always thought it might be fun to install it in my red car at some point. Hope this helps.

Ken.

I still have those hks twin 2835's turbos for sale Ken, you know you want to fit them up to that manifold. ;)

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
Ken Henderson is a Supra god. Thank's to him and his meticulos builds I stay broke. He wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.:)

Ken, will you sign my engine bay before I clear coat it.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts