Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just insalled the AVC-R on my 89 Turbo. Had it in my 87 turbo before. About the same mods except hard pipes and 3inch Turbo Elbow.
My Question is,
On the 87 turbo, it use to go from 0-7+ on the factory Gauge.
On the 89 Turbo, It goes from 0-6-7-8-9-10---11-12-13 Fuelcut.

Why does it go up to 10 and hold then it start to creep to 11-12-13?? I ran the Search and looks like Plugs and plug wires is what some people are doing to fix this. My Plugs are Autolite, just put them in when I finished rebuilding my motor about 1500 miles ago.

Does your AVC-R jump from 0-7+ or is it slow as you accelerate?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, did a retorq today while doing the AVC-R took some pics

·
Registered
400 Posts
hummm, never had a problem there???
Maybe your duty cycle is too high???
I dont know, try it...

·
JE, AEM, OS Giken'd 7M
320 Posts
The HKS EZ is shi* compared to the AVC-R. I'm all about HK$, but not in this case. I'd either sport the AVC-R (Which is what I've got) or the Blitz SBC-ID. The AVC-R Requires much more fine tuning, the Blitz is simple as can be.
On the 87 turbo, it use to go from 0-7+ on the factory Gauge.
On the 89 Turbo, It goes from 0-6-7-8-9-10---11-12-13 Fuelcut.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you elaborate?
Does your AVC-R jump from 0-7+ or is it slow as you accelerate?
Nope, I've got a smooth curve of boost all the way up til my Fuel Cut.

G

·
I was the passenger after putting the AVC-R on, and sees the difference. I was watching the gauges while he focuses on driving i guess.
What he means is that on the 87, as soon as it starts spooling the turbo will spool up practically instantly to whatever level he had specified. So, when he had it set to 13psi, it would start to spool and BAM!! It would happen so quickly you get a serious kick in performance.
On the 89, it's just smooth. As if it was stock. It spools up quickly up to around 7psi, then it would basically start going up incrementally, and slowly. Still pulling hard, but taking its time. You can basically sit there and read the boost gauge: ok starting to spool, 8psi, 9, 10, 11, 12....... Where on the old one you'd be: ok starting to spool,:eek: oh sh** 13, dam*!! fuel cut. :frown:

Hope this gives an idea.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorcereur said:
I was the passenger after putting the AVC-R on, and sees the difference. I was watching the gauges while he focuses on driving i guess.
What he means is that on the 87, as soon as it starts spooling the turbo will spool up practically instantly to whatever level he had specified. So, when he had it set to 13psi, it would start to spool and BAM!! It would happen so quickly you get a serious kick in performance.
On the 89, it's just smooth. As if it was stock. It spools up quickly up to around 7psi, then it would basically start going up incrementally, and slowly. Still pulling hard, but taking its time. You can basically sit there and read the boost gauge: ok starting to spool, 8psi, 9, 10, 11, 12....... Where on the old one you'd be: ok starting to spool,:eek: oh sh** 13, dam*!! fuel cut. :frown:

Hope this gives an idea.
exactly what he said :D

G

·
ive got an 88, and i just past 900 miles on my rebuild so ive started to play w/ my avc-r a little bit, with it off, or on, boost jumps up really quickly for me, it doesnt spool slowly.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HKS EZ Over an AVC-R???? THats like Trading in your Supra for a Paseo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts