Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your throttle linkage (the bracket specifically) every hit the bottom of your brace? I keep hearing a clunking noise under the hood since I installed the brace and finally figured out what's making it. Does this mean I need a new motor mount, or is it normal torquing from the motor?

·
In The Sonoran Desert
437 Posts
Odd in that some experience this problem and others don't. I had the same problem. I added washers, the original plate and still it hit. Finally, I snipped the tip of the throttle cable support and it has been fine since

Eric 95TTBPU++

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dev said:
Does your throttle linkage (the bracket specifically) every hit the bottom of your brace? I keep hearing a clunking noise under the hood since I installed the brace and finally figured out what's making it. Does this mean I need a new motor mount, or is it normal torquing from the motor?
This topic was discussed a while back. Some fixed the problem by trimming the top intake throttle cable bracket, some add the extra washers with the oem plates. I solved the prob by adding the included washers with the oem plates, it only happened when I was going over the bump or turning the corner!:( Hope this helps........:) :)

regards,

-------------
eddie c.
98tt blk/blk w/6 little speeds:D

·
3,148 Posts
I removed the bracket and made the rear hole a little larger. This allowed me to tilt the bracket back slightly for the needed clearance.

Later, Steve

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really odd that a TRD product like this brace would conflict with so much other stuff on a Toyota. Example: The ignitor module that needs to be relocated from the shock tower, the euro hood scoop air guide hitting the brace, this throttle bracket issue... I still like the TRD brace more than the others, but it's surprising that these engineering shortcomings even exist especially coming from Toyota.

·
3,148 Posts
They probably don't have these issues on the Japanese spec Supra's.

Later, Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts